What's new

Wilson Chandler (Nets Forward) Suspended 25 games for PED's

This, to me, is worth a thread/discussion but who knows -- It seems like a political grandstanding forum in the offseason

More interesting question is - what % of NBA athletes using PED's gets actually caught and punished for doing it. You can bet if it would be one of leagues "selling" faces like LeBron or Harden caught that fact would never get into media. All would be dealt behind closed doors. But now we have Chandler as scapegoat for NBA to show - "hey, look, we are doing something about it".

More interesting question is - what % of NBA athletes using PED's gets actually caught and punished for doing it. You can bet if it would be one of leagues "selling" faces like LeBron or Harden caught that fact would never get into media. All would be dealt behind closed doors. But now we have Chandler as scapegoat for NBA to show - "hey, look, we are doing something about it".

Probably really really low.... Yet we sit in 'potential draftees' threads and kill teenage kids for being skinny, right?? Why dont we sit in those threads and presume the skinny guy will find Wilson Chandlers doctor and put on 15lbs of muscle in a few months.

Ya see in Boxing i'm convinced most everyones cheating and has been for MANY MANY DECADES, well before I was born. the great heavyweight division that everyone laments is **** in modern times was really a bunch of juicers...

People will lie at extraordinary rates when it stands to benefit them... ... Even the super high iq ones.. It's called behavioral economics...

Lul, EVERY NBA player eventually uses HGH barring certain health issues. Anyone notice Mitchell getting a little puffy in the face to start the season last year? Beginning of HGH administration.

Ya see in Boxing i'm convinced most everyones cheating and has been for MANY MANY DECADES, well before I was born. the great heavyweight division that everyone laments is **** in modern times was really a bunch of juicers...
All professional athletes use PEDS, this isn't up for debate.

*ok maybe some golfers don't but most probably do.

iN SPORTS... i FOUND IT THRU BASKETBALL... THERE'S A SAYING "iF YOU AINT CHEATING, YOU AINT TRYING" A COACH MIGHT TELL YA THAT ALONG THE WAY

Disagree. I've known many who do not.

PEDs are more common with weekend warrior types in my experience.
You're free to disagree that many professional athletes don't, ok sure I guess you can have that opinion but it's wrong. As an example can you say with a straight face that you believe not every single track athlete in the Olympics isn't on some ped protocol? Maybe more obscure sports it might not be as prevalent but I'd wager almost all athletes in high earning/high profile sports use peds. That's not a controversial opinion.

Yes many weekend warriors use peds but that just strengthens my opinion. I'm strongly inclined to believe a larger percentage of serious athletes use than the percentage of less serious athletes.

With that said, I know you're in the industry to some degree so I'm genuinely curious what your thoughts are on the whole thing. Maybe I'm wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're free to disagree that many professional athletes don't, ok sure I guess you can have that opinion but it's wrong. As an example can you say with a straight face that you believe not every single track athlete in the Olympics isn't on some ped protocol? Maybe more obscure sports it might not be as prevalent but I'd wager almost all athletes in high earning/high profile sports use peds. That's not a controversial opinion.

Yes many weekend warriors use peds but that just strengthens my opinion. I'm strongly inclined to believe a larger percentage of serious athletes use than the percentage of less serious athletes.

With that said, I know you're in the industry to some degree so I'm genuinely curious what your thoughts are on the whole thing. Maybe I'm wrong.
There are some that use it. But, no most Olympic athletes do not use PEDs. That are tested pretty regularly and randomly. It's not worth throwing your career away over. I've worked with a lot of professional athletes including Olympic athletes. I've done their nutrition planning, almost all of the ones I've worked with don't use PEDs and avoid them and anything close to that like the plague.

I’m with O>D on this. Everyone in the Tour de France uses. Almost all swimmers too. I’m inclined to believe many long distance runners do. Many sprinters do. It’s very, very prevalent. Probably 80+% of the NFL uses them.

Last edited: