What's new

Wing targets next summer?

banjamin

Sorry if there's a thread on this already.

Kawhi and Jimmy are the obvious targets but I doubt anyone's prying either of those away. Kawhi could probably had for the max. San Antonio would go back into rebuild instead. The Burks fiasco contract completely ****ed the salary situation or the Jazz could legitimately have two young players like that added to this bad *** young squad. I'd live with Trey if the wing rotation included Hayward-Jimmy-Kawhi, how bad *** would that be? Rambling/dreaming.

Any other targets that could move the needle?

Burks' contract stopped us from signing two max players? K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really. The new cap will make all current max guys not really max guys. If you want to offer a max contract to someone, this is the year you want to do it.

Just please dont do it to Kanter.

Sorry if there's a thread on this already.

Kawhi and Jimmy are the obvious targets but I doubt anyone's prying either of those away. Kawhi could probably had for the max. San Antonio would go back into rebuild instead. The Burks fiasco contract completely ****ed the salary situation or the Jazz could legitimately have two young players like that added to this bad *** young squad. I'd live with Trey if the wing rotation included Hayward-Jimmy-Kawhi, how bad *** would that be? Rambling/dreaming.

Any other targets that could move the needle?

Hayward's contract is the one to be compared to those other 2, not Burks'. The point is which one of those 3 players you feel better about paying the max? Hayward, Butler or Kawhi? You're not getting the 3 of them lol.

Exactly. Because Utah is the #1 most desired location for free agents. Wesley Matthews can be had for the max and so can Kawhi. Add DMC to that list for $7M. All we need to do is offer. No other team is going to go after those players. And even of they do, the response would be..."nah, I'm taking my talents to Salt Lake."

I love when people make these outrageous claims about who Utah can get. Heck, let's just sit tight and save our cap space for 2016. Kevin Durant is a slam dunk!

I'm targeting Burks, Hood, and Winslow (cause that is who will be there when we draft.)

This.
We have Hood and Burks returning from injury. Ingles is a decent backup, too, with his pass-first mentality. I'd include any guard not named Exum (too early to give up on him) and/or a future pick to move up for Johnson or Russell. But that's unlikely to happen. So re-sign Kanter to keep our dominant big rotation intact and go after a wing or PG with our pick. That could be Hezonja or Winslow.

DL will certainly kick the tires and give a call to Matthews and DMC. But it's unlikely either would give up their current gig to come to Utah.

Depends on who we draft. We ain't getting Kwahi he will get max from San Antonio. The guy I might pursue is Danny Green. He's going to get paid big time as well but is unrestricted and I think SA has big plans. I won't say what I think it would cost to get him because some (prolly the loud minority) on jazzfanz don't understand what is going to happen to the cap and the premium teams are paying for shooting and good wings right now.

Hayward's contract is the one to be compared to those other 2, not Burks'. The point is which one of those 3 players you feel better about paying the max? Hayward, Butler or Kawhi? You're not getting the 3 of them lol.

I said I was dreaming.

Yes, without Burks' contract the Jazz would have been sitting at $38mm, giving them $28.5mm in room. They could get rid of Novak's one year as easy as they got it, putting them right at two max contracts if not damn near there.

I would have preferred not extending Burks and keeping their options open like San Antonio did with Kawhi. A cap hold is much lower than the current cap hit, if nothing else.

Khris Middleton

We need a reliable shooter who can play.

What about the dude from Golden State? I doubt they'll be able to afford him now. I hear he can guard all five positions and he's shooting damn well. That might be a product of the GS system getting him wide open catch n jacks though.

What about the dude from Golden State? I doubt they'll be able to afford him now. I hear he can guard all five positions and he's shooting damn well. That might be a product of the GS system getting him wide open catch n jacks though.

Golden State can afford him. The owners are very good, will go into LT I bet.