What's new

With 8 days left, SPEAKING THE #1 PICK INTO EXISTENCE!!! No churro talk allowed

After seeing that we had a better chance of moving back than up (not sure why I hadn't realized that before), I had convinced myself we were going to pick 10th. So I'm fine with 9th. It's all about lowering your expectations to be truly happy in life.

I remember a discussion about if you could just have the #4 pick and give up any shot at the first pick would you do it or not. Ya I would have done it. I never thought we had a chance at wemby

Not an even a rocket scientist would predict that you needed the third best odds to get him.

This isn’t a “told you so” moment when the team that did the best tanking has the 5th pick right now lol.

it is very much an i told you so moment, That team with the 5th pick gets a MUCH MUCH better player than we will

Is there a chance Portland trades back from 3?

Seems likely #10 could be had.

We probably don't have the type of players those teams are looking for though.

Hell, we should have played our dudes and not made the deadline trade and got in the playoffs and see what happens.
Playoffs were pretty wide open this year

Is there a chance Portland trades back from 3?

Seems likely #10 could be had.

We probably don't have the type of players those teams are looking for though.
We do… we just don’t want to trade them.

it is very much an i told you so moment, That team with the 5th pick gets a MUCH MUCH better player than we will

Better odds of getting a player, but no guarantee that the 5th pick is better than the 9th pick.

There is no such thing as I told you so moment in the lottery. Odds are known before. If the actual drawing makes you fire off a hot take you’re just being a reactionary. If the Jazz had won the lottery with their odds it would be no different than if they dropped as far as “I told you so”.

I don't think Charlotte will draft Scoot when they have Ball, they probably go for Miller. Then at #3 Portland probably would rather trade for a win now piece than take Scoot, or maybe they see this a way to start over and move in from Dame.