What's new

With 8 days left, SPEAKING THE #1 PICK INTO EXISTENCE!!! No churro talk allowed

There's no way the league was going to help the Jazz after Danny Ainge fleeced the living **** out of the Timberwolves.

I guess we look forward to the 2027 draft where the Jazz have 3 unprotected 1sts, plus the top-4 protected Lakers pick.

Better odds of getting a player, but no guarantee that the 5th pick is better than the 9th pick.

There is no such thing as I told you so moment in the lottery. Odds are known before. If the actual drawing makes you fire off a hot take you’re just being a reactionary. If the Jazz had won the lottery with their odds it would be no different than if they dropped as far as “I told you so”.

no guarantee But the odds are overwhelmingly the case. There is absolutely an i told you so, we had virtually no chance of a top pick, if we'd tanked properly we'd have a top 5 pick at worst odds

I was all for the tank but Detroit dropping 5 spots this year is giving me a bit of a pause.. I would have tanked a bit more to guaranteed at least the top 5-6 picks though.

Jazz do not have the kind of luck to get a #1 pick nor #1 like this. If we had a top 3 chance we would be the Pistons at #5.

Don't care if tanking didn't guarantee us a #1 pick, but with generational talent there you just have to ****ing take a risk and full send the tank.

This is so stupid. Spurs are going to be elite for the next decade now. Jazz meanwhile will be a treadmill playoff team that will give this fanbase a false sense of hope we can make a playoff run every now and then.

We are a small market. The ONLY way we will ever win a title is to tank and get a #1 pick. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a clown. Downvote me away clowns

Apparently, the best strategy was to be the worst team in the league so they'd get the 5th pick this year
Team with the best odds got the top pick. Pistons got as unlucky as they possibly could have and still get a pick much better than the Jazz. What point are you making?

Team with the best odds got the top pick. Pistons got as unlucky as they possibly could have and still get a pick much better than the Jazz. What point are you making?
That they had a horrible season and got a 5th pick. Getting the lesser Thompson bother doesn't seem worth it for as horrible as they were

You like having our ceiling be a 1st or 2nd round playoff exit? **** that
I mean, if the Jazz could have found the perfect combo of losses to somehow guarantee themselves the first pick, sure, they should have done it .

I'm sure the Pistons thought they did and they dropped to 5th.

I mean, if the Jazz could have found the perfect combo of losses to somehow guarantee themselves the first pick, sure, they should have done it .

BETTER ODDS > WORSE ODDS

The Pistons are going to get a much better player than the Jazz will - what is your point here? A 5th pick is better than a 9th pick. I would rather have the 5th pick than the 9th because historically the 5th pick is much better. You sound like a clown

The Pistons are going to get a much better player than the Jazz will - what is your point here? A 5th pick is better than a 9th pick.
Are they? Who knows. It's possible. It's also possible they get a meddling player who doesn't live up to their potential.

You're getting really emotional here. I hope you're ok.

Are they? Who knows. It's possible. It's also possible they get a meddling player who doesn't live up to their potential.

You're getting really emotional here. I hope you're ok.

Nope just tired of this fanbase accepting mediocrity. We've been dealing with it since '98

Nope just tired of this fanbase accepting mediocrity. We've been dealing with it since '98
But the two greatest players in Jazz history were drafted at 13 and 16.

Plus the Jazz had two top 5 picks since then. Unfortunately the Kanter/Exum duo didn't pay dividends.