What's new

With the 23rd Pick... Rodney Hood

I agree that I want the Jazz to resign Hayward and some people have lost perspective and are hating on Hayward too much (so much that I am pretty sure some of those are joking and/or trolling).

The part in bold is why I replied because maybe your confused with the Dukie who wore #1 who they had to hide on defense, in fact Hood was used to guard the other teams best player most nights. Now that may speak to why Duke wasn't a good defensive team but at least he has a defensive mindset and want to and just hopefully needs to improve on fundamentals and other coachable things

The only reason Hood guarded the better wing player is because Parker was horrible at defense, and Hood was only bad.

Check out his defensive lowlights from the Draftexpress video…they're pretty bad. Personally, I have a hard time believing he will ever be good at defense simply because he's kinda soft. Really good offensive player, but he plays smaller than his size on defense, and he plays soft. Just my opinion from watching quite a few Duke games.

Hood right now is a very poor defender and very poor at screening out for rebounds. If he wants a lot of playing time, he will work very hard to improve both.

Hood right now is a very poor defender and very poor at screening out for rebounds. If he wants a lot of playing time, he will work very hard to improve both.

No doubt.
Important to remember we're talking about the 23rd pick here. He's not projected as a starter, but as someone who is going to play 10-15 mins off the bench.

No doubt.
Important to remember we're talking about the 23rd pick here. He's not projected as a starter, but as someone who is going to play 10-15 mins off the bench.

Wasn't he projected as a lotto pick? I wonder how he'd have been projected had Parker not been on the team? He's got the skills as a starter. I'm not arguing just a reminder more or less or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn't he projected as a lotto pick? I wonder how he'd have been projected had Parker not been on the team? He's got the skills as a starter. I'm not arguing just a reminder more or less or something.

Not all lottery picks are starters. But if Hood does show starter skills, then he's a complete steal. My point is, at that point in the draft, a team is just hoping for a contributor. And Hood should be that - and more.

Not all lottery picks are starters. But if Hood does show starter skills, then he's a complete steal. My point is, at that point in the draft, a team is just hoping for a contributor. And Hood should be that - and more.

I am hoping for a scorer off the bench--if we get more I would be really suprised and excited.

He does show the ability to create his own shot and get his shot off at just about any time. Those are traits of a starter, and if he does learn to defend, then he is a starter.