What's new

With the 23rd Pick... Rodney Hood

If Burke and Hood can spread the floor, while Exum, Burks and Hayward attack the seams, we might have something of an offense.

I don't understand why we are arguing about this.

HE IS THE SAME SIZE AS HAYWARD. If Hayward can play the 2 then Hood can easily play the 2 because he is more athletic. Its awesome. He can play both positions. But I think the Jazz envision him as a 3 as we have a lot of guards.

Hood was a good defender his Freshman year at MSU. He can play defense. I think Coach K just had an off year trying to control Jabari from eating the entire lunch buffet on a daily basis.

Hood was a good defender his Freshman year at MSU. He can play defense. I think Coach K just had an off year trying to control Jabari from eating the entire lunch buffet on a daily basis.

I hope so. I see the tools in Hood, but, yeah, he underwhelmed on defense.

Hantlers made fun of me for saying Hood could play defense. Dukie.

Hood has one of the smoothest pull up jumpers there is. Beauty from midrange. Will be a threat in the pick n roll because of it.

Hood has one of the smoothest pull up jumpers there is. Beauty from midrange. Will be a threat in the pick n roll because of it.

Our wing rotation now has depth. Young depth, but lots of potential with multiple rotation options. Snyder has a lot to play with. Still worried defensively though.

Hood can absolutely not play the 4.

I like the pick a lot, really good value. Great offensive player, really needs to work on his defense. Probably our best shooter from day 1. Better at creating his own shot than Hayward is, but not as good at creating for others.

Hood and Kyle Anderson had the most offensive talent of the players on the board. Great pick. Who knows how KA will translate to the NBA.

I'll be watching this comp with baited breath. I wanted the guy San Antonio took, but I never thought Hood would be on the board this late. He was a 14-15 guy to me.

I also want to know if the Jazz took Anderson if San Antonio would have been thanking DL and praying Hood fell to them.

Think the Bulls trading up to get McDermott let Hood fall. Think the Bulls would have gone for the best offensive player available and taken Hood where they were originally drafting, but were able to move up and get McBuckets.

Hood is a nice pickup, but he is pretty slight like Hayward at 208 lbs. We sill haven't solved the problem of guarding the big and lanky NBA SFs like Lebron, George, and Carmelo. Might have to address it in FA.