What's new

With the 35th Pick... Jarnell Stokes (traded)

I am with the majority of you wondering why you would trade out on this pick. I was thinking they would stash a Euro but none of the remaining Euros must have interested them enough.

Cash has to be involved here... Otherwise it was stupid. Good players on the board still some okay international guys.

This makes no sense unless there's more to it. The 35 pick this year will almost certainly be much better than whatever the Grizz's pick is next year.

Or they are trying to arrange a trade for a player with another team. I'm confused.

What's so confusing?

We can't have an entire team of rookies. Isn't Neto coming too? So we'd have 4 incoming rookies! Yikes!

I don't blame DL for punting this away. Although, I would have gone foreign and stashed a pick.

We still have free agency boys to fill in the cracks.

This trade seems like it has unnecessary downside risk to me. gotta say I hate it. Jarnell Stokes has the potential to make the Jazz look stupid here.

Its got the feel of trading the pick just for the sake of trading the pick.

Wasn't Tavares still on the board? Surprised he wasn't stashed, or Klimenko. Jazz love the Gobert.

Sad Ingles wasn't available. But probably never a real possibility.

What's so confusing?

We can't have an entire team of rookies. Isn't Neto coming too? So we'd have 4 incoming rookies! Yikes!

I don't blame DL for punting this away.

We still have free agency boys to fill in the cracks.

How about you give me 20 bucks since you aren't going to spend it right now. I'll give you ten bucks tomorrow to pay you back.

There's got to be more to this trade than the 2016 2nd rounder reported. It doesn't make sense.

Maybe DL is trying to leave roster spots open for a trade. Maybe we get Stauskas and the Kings garbage to free them of dead weight??? A man can hope.

It sure sounds funny. We won 27 games last year, but we have too much talent to draft a player at 35.

This is...perplexing. Like everyone else there has to be more to it. Even cash. If not I really want to hear Lindsey's explanation for this one.

Even with this stupidity (well so far) this was an excellent draft.

This only makes sense if we're getting the 2016 pick and the Griz are giving us cash to buy another second rounder this draft. Otherwise, trading #35 for what is going to be a lower pick makes absolutely zero sense (especially as future picks are downgraded in value).

I'll still take this draft and stealing Exum and Hood, but I don't get this move unless there's more to it.