What's new

With the 35th Pick... Jarnell Stokes (traded)

Again, Tavares does nothing to our roster for a year at the earliest and we get the rights to a freak. Doesn't develop? Oh well.

I think the Jazz FO expected to use that 35th pick in a package to trade up, but ended up not needing to move up. So they viewed it as gravy and looked to deal it and couldn't get anything better than what Memphis offered. Sucks we couldn't get decent value for it, but oh well. I guess this draft is an A++ instead of an A+++.

Jody Genessy ‏@DJJazzyJody 4m
Regarding that second-round trade, the Jazz simply didn't want to bring in three rookies and that Memphis deal was the best they could get.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Then why can't DL just draft an international player? Still makes no sense.

If Stokes is on roster, that's one less spot for a potential FA acquisition this offseason...

Well, we can keep Malcolm Thomas on the roster now, or some other scrub who doesn't play. And if the Jazz were going to pick, I doubt they would have taken Stokes, probably another SF like Grant. Jazz have Jefferson, Biedrins, Rush, Williams all coming off the Roster, and I don't think that Garrett, Thomas and Clark are guaranteed. Thats 7 potential roster spots available. 2 draft picks, resign Williams and Garrett, there are still 3 other spots, and the draft pick isn't guaranteed to get a roster spot, he can earn it in the summer league and training camp.

I guess this can go here:

Ryan Wolstat: Some info from a North American source: Utah and Phoenix were hot after Caboclo, would have taken him if on the board with next picks Twitter @WolstatSun

Interesting. Intl scouts working OT.

Ryan Wolstat: Some info from a North American source: Utah and Phoenix were hot after Caboclo, would have taken him if on the board with next picks Twitter @WolstatSun

Probably wanted to get him at 35. Cool.

Bah, the game is to eventually go into a second round where the Jazz own ALL of the picks. We'll keep trading them back until nobody can ever draft anyone in the second round without our permission. Once we own all 30 of them we will be like the Godfather. . . I would give up drafting in the second round altogether just to see if this could be done.

Very interesting if true and Jazz would have picked him at #23. My guess is they wouldn't have if Hood was still on the board.

Jazz had a short clock, and were sellers in a buyers market. Tough spot to be in.

Lindzey opened himself to criticism on this trade only because he made amazing things happen last year. That's the trouble with overachieving too soon.

So maybe Lindzey is human after all, a human who made a splash in a sellers market. And did the best he could in a buyers market.

They have traded their 2015 pick so can't trade 216 first. They own Toronto and Boston 2nd round picks in 2016... My guess is we get the better of those picks. They already traded their own 2016 2nd.

As long as they have one assured pick, they can trade their own pick.

I was really hoping for Tavares. I love Gobert, but if he never fully pans out why not have another Gobert to try out? Hopefully the guy who said the Grizz have Boston and Toronto's 2nds that year is right and we get the best out of those 2 (or 3).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk