What's new

Woj: Don to the Cavs for Markkanen, Agbaji, Sexton, three unprotected 1sts, two swaps, and a partridge in a pear tree.

So glad he’s not at the helm… he always preached that he wouldn’t skip steps but it soon became obvious he didn’t know what the steps even were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DL made plenty of mistakes along the way, but he was out by the time the Favors trade went down, that one was all Zanik. Zanik also deserves as much blame as DL for signing Favors back in the first place, as he was the GM and likely had a big say in the decision.

Not even close. Conley deal is far and away the worst trade ever. What we could have got for the money we gave him could have put us over the top.

The Conley trade helped us get the best record in the league. If he didn’t get injured in the playoffs we are in the WCF for the first time since 2007.

Secondly, we can play the what if game all day but we have no idea what else was available. The cost now in hindsight is still very minimal compared to what guys are going for now. It was essentially two late firsts and some salary filler.

I’m just glad we went for it and ultimately the entire team underwhelmed in the playoffs mostly on the defensive side of the ball unfortunately.

The Conley trade helped us get the best record in the league. If he didn’t get injured in the playoffs we are in the WCF for the first time since 2007.

Secondly, we can play the what if game all day but we have no idea what else was available. The cost now in hindsight is still very minimal compared to what guys are going for now. It was essentially two late firsts and some salary filler.

I’m just glad we went for it and ultimately the entire team underwhelmed in the playoffs mostly on the defensive side of the ball unfortunately.
Keep dieing on that hill. The Conley trade was a disaster. If we would have kept the same team minus Favors and adding Bogey would have been much better than the Conley team. Add in Brandon Clarke with the pick Memphis got from us and either McDaniels or Bane rather than Udoka and we may have a title right now.

I also love how people talk about the Conley injury but ignore that Kawhi injury.

Keep dieing on that hill. The Conley trade was a disaster. If we would have kept the same team minus Favors and adding Bogey would have been much better than the Conley team. Add in Brandon Clarke with the pick Memphis got from us and either McDaniels or Bane rather than Udoka and we may have a title right now.

I also love how people talk about the Conley injury but ignore that Kawhi injury.

There is no hill to die on. Conley was an all-star and had some of the best analytics in the league but yeah it was a total disaster.

In what world do you think we’re drafting McDaniels or Bane? That isn’t a variable in this we were drafting Udoka.

****… that is for sure better than the Cavs offer, even if they were negotiating in bad faith and being dicks.

Oh well, these ****-heads sweating bullets indefinitely is premium value.
Isn't the Milwaukee pick such that it conveys to us if it is top 4 otherwise we get nothing? That is the ultimate garbage pick.

There is no hill to die on. Conley was an all-star and had some of the best analytics in the league but yeah it was a total disaster.

In what world do you think we’re drafting McDaniels or Bane? That isn’t a variable in this we were drafting Udoka.
He was a fake all star. Also do you want to know what our record was without Conley during the 20-21 season? 15-6. The year before we were 18-7 in the games without Conley. Conley didn't lead us to **** and the only reason he played in the all star game was because other guys were injured. That isn't a real all star.

He was a fake all star. Also do you want to know what our record was without Conley during the 20-21 season? 15-6. The year before we were 18-7 in the games without Conley. Conley didn't lead us to **** and the only reason he played in the all star game was because other guys were injured. That isn't a real all star.
Memphis was 21-7 when JA got injured. Does it mean Ja is not an all star player? Conley deserve to be an all star, not for his last year performance but for his career in Memphis where he was good and important.

I am so, so, so very happy with how this happened.

Dumb cocky freshfaces from CAA thought they could go up against an OG and corner him into a bad trade.

Danny has lost trades before, and made bad moves -- but you don't beat Ainge on a trade with bullying.

Poverty franchise learning this lesson the hard way. Absolutely devastating result for the Knicks brass-- ignore the fans & their copium, this is absolutely an abject failure for a franchise that has very publicly prepared for the opportunity to bring Mitchell back to NY for several years.

At the end of the day, they got too cocky; the double whammy is them signing a thoroughly mid player to over 30 million a year; the triple whammy is having ****** vets tied to back contracts, and needing to send assets to clear them & play their youth; quadruple whammy is them trading away a lottery pick for cap room that's not getting used.

I'm going to give it two years before Leon Rose gets canned. That's why we are seeing unprecedented damage control -- Leon knows how bad the music is going to get in 6 months. Y'all, I cannot *wait* to see the talking heads eviscerate the Knicks throughout this coming season. It'll probably be the most satisfying plot line in the NBA next year.

I'm glad Donovan is gone, and I wish Rudy the very best.

- George

Memphis was 21-7 when JA got injured. Does it mean Ja is not an all star player? Conley deserve to be an all star, not for his last year performance but for his career in Memphis where he was good and important.
No , Conley deserved it that year. He was an insanely efficient advanced stats player that year.

I am so, so, so very happy with how this happened.

Dumb cocky freshfaces from CAA thought they could go up against an OG and corner him into a bad trade.

Danny has lost trades before, and made bad moves -- but you don't beat Ainge on a trade with bullying.

Poverty franchise learning this lesson the hard way. Absolutely devastating result for the Knicks brass-- ignore the fans & their copium, this is absolutely an abject failure for a franchise that has very publicly prepared for the opportunity to bring Mitchell back to NY for several years.

At the end of the day, they got too cocky; the double whammy is them signing a thoroughly mid player to over 30 million a year; the triple whammy is having ****** vets tied to back contracts, and needing to send assets to clear them & play their youth; quadruple whammy is them trading away a lottery pick for cap room that's not getting used.

I'm going to give it two years before Leon Rose gets canned. That's why we are seeing unprecedented damage control -- Leon knows how bad the music is going to get in 6 months. Y'all, I cannot *wait* to see the talking heads eviscerate the Knicks throughout this coming season. It'll probably be the most satisfying plot line in the NBA next year.

I'm glad Donovan is gone, and I wish Rudy the very best.

- George
You can’t lay this all at the feet of Knicks brass. There was a MSG security officer from a temp agency who was running the phones that day. Besides, Rose already offered Patrick Ewing, Adam Sandler and the Carnegie Deli back in June.