What's new

Woj: Jazz agree to 3-team trade with Lakers and Timberwolves

Imagine in 2027 we already have 2 rings under our belt and then boom bitches... we draft the next LeBron/Wade combo to go with our core and win 16 rings in the span of 20 years.

We own 13.3% of the entire first round in 2027. Other teams own multiple firsts as well. There is like 3-4 teams that will own close to 1/3 of the entire first round combined.
All the more reason that the Lakers pick should have had a pick swap tied to it.

If it was top 4 protected in 2027 but if it fell past the 10th pick then the jazz have an option to pick swap the worst of our 4 picks in 2027 then I wouldn't have minded.

It's the potential for them to get the top pick in that draft and we end up with the 31st pick. That would be the suck.

They were in 12th place and out of the playoffs at the time and instead they made the western conference finals. I would say that they MORE than made up for it in revenue gains from 15 extra playoff games with BronBron.

The whining about helping Minny needs to stop… at worst they would have been like 12th… if we offer 16/lakers pick we can get higher than that. Infinity cap space too… calm yo *******.

What exactly would making the play-in tournament with guys who aren’t in our future plans do for us?

Well, win the play in tourney. Win in the playoffs. Win in the finals. I would be down with that.

Plus, we wouldnt have even been in the play in tourney if we kept trying to win all season. We would have been a top 6 seed.

Last edited:
Am I the only one that thinks the peak 22-23 Jazz team could have given this sorry *** league as good as run as any team?

I saw enough of a sample size from when we were healthy, deep, and trying to win to say we could have made some noise. Playoffs were pretty wide open this season.

Hell, the lakers are in the conference finals and iirc we played them twice after we went full tank and gave them hell in both games. One of them even went to overtime. And again, this was after gutting out team and going full tank.

Just looked it up.
Jazz started:
KO
THT
Ochai
Dok
And samanic lol.

Lakers had lebron playing 38 minutes (scored 37 points), AD played 42, reaves played 42, schroeder played 42. Lakers won 135-133 in overtime.

Now imagine if we play kessler, lauri, conley, clarkson, and a healthy Sexton and have great depth as well. I think we could pull off some upsets possibly.