What's new

Woj: Jazz agree to 3-team trade with Lakers and Timberwolves

I don't think that is likely. When a team owes a top 4 protected pick they aren't likely to play with fire and try to tank that year and risk giving a team a pick in the 5-8 range.
If they're truly terrible, which they're extremely likely to be which is why this pick was considered so valuable in the first place, them going all out trying to win probably WOULD net them a pick in the 5-8 range.

They'll tank their asses off.

Well, I remember having arguments earlier in the season about whether the jazz intended to tank this season. I think we know now for sure (I mean I was pretty sure all along that the intention was to tank but we surprised everyone including ourselves with how good we started)
They played hard ball and kept the vets to get more value for them mid season, but instead we still sold them cheap while also shooting ourselves in the foot by winning too many games. Poor GMing right there.

Watch the Lakers in 2027 be absolutely terrible and deliberately tank the hell out of the season to make the final trade Conley/Beasley/Vanderbilt for a 2nd rounder.

My hell what a stupid *** trade.
Even if they had the worst record it doesn't guarantee a top 4 pick with the new lottery odds.

With that said I HATE the fact it can potentially become a 2nd. That's just doing the Lakers a favor by letting them still trade their '29 FRP.

This trade is ****ing lame. I really don't care about trading Beasley but trading NAW, Conley, JV, and three 2nds for one raggedy-*** 1st that might be lottery? This is way worse than the Shaggy trade with Detroit, and that trade sucked....

L.A. better be giving us money to buy out Westbrick. Garbage.

I hope we trade Clarkson so he doesn't have to deal with this dumpster fire super tank. JC deserves better.

If they're truly terrible, which they're extremely likely to be which is why this pick was considered so valuable in the first place, them going all out trying to win probably WOULD net them a pick in the 5-8 range.

They'll tank their asses off.
Chill out a little. It is way too early to claim they are extremely likely to be terrible 5 years from now. I know some people have thought that would be the case but I'm not one of those people.

Chill out a little. It is way too early to claim they are extremely likely to be terrible 5 years from now. I know some people have thought that would be the case but I'm not one of those people.
You also wanted Ben Simmons, so with all due respect, you thinking the Lakers won't be terrible is just further proof that they will be.

Once tomorrow comes and goes it will be fun to start thinking about what FAs we might go after. That’s all I got. This is likely a pull-the-bandaid-off-full-tank-set-the-deck-for-draft picks and FAs, but it’s hard to be as excited about it until next fall.

You also wanted Ben Simmons, so with all due respect, you thinking the Lakers won't be terrible is just further proof that they will be.
How exactly is wanting to take a flyer on Ben Simmons a bad thing? He would be on a 2 year contract and is well worth a shot at him getting back to his old self which was a damn good player. Even now he is still a solid player and one of the best defensive players in the league.

How exactly is wanting to take a flyer on Ben Simmons a bad thing? He would be on a 2 year contract and is well worth a shot at him getting back to his old self which was a damn good player. Even now he is still a solid player and one of the best defensive players in the league.
lol