What's new

Woj on Cavs/Utah deadline deals

It really does never get old. What a hot mess of a front office. Would sell my soul to see footage of the lead up to the Jazz trading up for and taking Donovan Mitchell though.

Would sell the souls of everyone on Jazzfanz for footage of the Nuggets war room leading up to that trade too.

How much our collective souls are worth tough? Does Cy have a soul? How much would you pay for yamer's? lopo's? I've got too many questions now...

Note: I traded mine for a couple of tickets to Pearl Jam so count me out

Last edited:
I find it kind of shocking that we were willing to just dump Dwayne Wade. Were we that confident that he would disrupt the lockerroom? Has he really become that useless? We don't think he could have helped us at all?

Other than that little bit, the rest of the story makes sense. Fascinating how it all went down, but at the end of the day, everybody got what they wanted.

I find it kind of shocking that we were willing to just dump Dwayne Wade. Were we that confident that he would disrupt the lockerroom? Has he really become that useless? We don't think he could have helped us at all?

Other than that little bit, the rest of the story makes sense. Fascinating how it all went down, but at the end of the day, everybody got what they wanted.
I think it was right for Cleveland to let Wade call his own shot. Jazz wouldn’t have gotten in the way of that. Too classy of an organization to reneg on expected outcomes.

Where does he fit on our team?

He's not starting over Mitchell. He's not playing over Royce. He's not going to be happy coming to a non-championship contender that isn't Miami AND not get a lot of minutes.

It wouldn't work well for either party.

It works great for the Cavs. Dunno if Rod will be all that happy in the long run if it diminishes his value or what role he thinks he's capable of ??
If Lebron stays, Hood is gone. Cavs will be about at this year's salary level of $137.8M if LBJ returns at $35M and there are no other roster changes except adding in the BKN pick. They're not going to pay Rodney >$30M (salary plus luxury tax penalty).