What's new

Wooohoooo - Bill Oram is GONE!

Flc

Bill Oram is moving to LA to cover the Lakers for the Orange County Register.

We can all bid the laziest and most inept beat writer in the NBA a fond farewell.

So glad that toolbag is gone - he was great at reporting news three days late and with a heaping side of annoying snark.

Hopefully the news and beat reports on that twitter handle will improve. People didn't like Smith, but his reporting and professionalism was leaps and bounds better.

My issue with him was the combination of the annoying snark and the sheer laziness. He never broke anything, he was always behind, and you could get the news from any national reporter before you could get it from him, which is a stark contrast to SLC Dunk, Jody at the DN, and frankly these forums.

One could argue that Bill Simmons and David Locke are just as annoying as Bill Oram is, in their own ways, and Z. Lowe is just as snarky, but what seperates them is the fact that they work really, really hard to deliver the best news possible.

Oram was just a waste of space.

My issue with him was the combination of the annoying snark and the sheer laziness. He never broke anything, he was always behind, and you could get the news from any national reporter before you could get it from him, which is a stark contrast to SLC Dunk, Jody at the DN, and frankly these forums.

One could argue that Bill Simmons and David Locke are just as annoying as Bill Oram is, in their own ways, and Z. Lowe is just as snarky, but what seperates them is the fact that they work really, really hard to deliver the best news possible.

Oram was just a waste of space.

Zach Lowe also has the advantage of being genuinely insightful.

i hated him
Bill Oram is moving to LA to cover the Lakers for the Orange County Register.

We can all bid the laziest and most inept beat writer in the NBA a fond farewell.

So glad that toolbag is gone - he was great at reporting news three days late and with a heaping side of annoying snark.

Bill Oram was great. Y'all mad.

Not sure how you could qualify that...

You might like Bill Oram, but the Salt Lake Tribune's Jazz beat writer twitter page should probably be professional and have the majority of it be Jazz news. Neither happened while Oram was the Salt Lake Tribune Jazz beat writer.

this guy was genuinely bad at his job. i remember when he first took over. he didn't write anything all day the first day of training camp, and managed to muster up a tweet saying that Earl Watson ate oatmeal for breakfast. Just really fantastic reporting. Does anyone know anything about this Aaron Falk guy taking over?

He was the same asshat that misquoted Millsap last year. I hope this new guy is good and seems interested in doing his job.

He's getting promoted; apparently news paper editors around the country disagree with the expertise of Jazzfanz.com.

Bill Oram ‏@tribjazz 9h
Aaron Falk may not be the first NBA beat writer to have written about dead hookers, but he is the latest. Covered crime, then MLS. Now Jazz.

One final hit at the new writer on his way out.... REAL classy.

He's moving to LA to cover the Lakers for the Orange County Registry. That's a huge upgrade over the trib. Steve Luhm tweeted out that he was leaving voluntarily, and look at the line of beat writers before him, they always get promoted, not sure why he would leave for a lesser job. The Jazz beat at the trib is a stepping stone.