What's new

Worst job you've ever had?

When I was in high school, I worked at a movie theater - the pay was awful, but I saw a lot of movies and a lot of girls. That wasn't the horrible job, though. Because we made so little money (for some reason, they could pay us "server" wages - see the "How much do you tip" thread - even though nobody tips at a movie theater) a friend that worked there and I decided we'd find something part time to supplement our incomes. We found an add for a hotel near the airport that was looking for "maintenance" help, so we applied and were hired. Turns out "maintenance" actually meant "housekeeping". This wasn't divulged until we showed up to work. That lasted exactly one day. It sucked.

in high school i worked at tree nursery.. taking care of baby trees. but i spent most of my time weeding and watering... i also was a jonitor in high school. nothing is worse then cleaning up after your class mates. you leanr to hate some of them real quick.

When I was in high school, I worked at a movie theater - the pay was awful, but I saw a lot of movies and a lot of girls. That wasn't the horrible job, though. Because we made so little money (for some reason, they could pay us "server" wages - see the "How much do you tip" thread - even though nobody tips at a movie theater) a friend that worked there and I decided we'd find something part time to supplement our incomes. We found an add for a hotel near the airport that was looking for "maintenance" help, so we applied and were hired. Turns out "maintenance" actually meant "housekeeping". This wasn't divulged until we showed up to work. That lasted exactly one day. It sucked.

The elderly mexican women who were also interviewing werent a dead give away?

Let me guess....Slim Olsons?

Ha ha. You got it. Owners were nice (never saw them), but my managers and co-workers were complete and total ****heads. I'll always remember the day I forgot my jacket (dead of winter '04 or '05 or something, whichever the really cold one was) and gloves. It was super busy all day since it had just stormed so I was already freezing, and then when I was trying to clean out the wash before closing up, I slipped in the dirt/soap combo and cut the **** out of myself. That combined with soap, dirt and cold = not fun.

I really did suck at that job.

Last edited:
Being a sex slave in Indonesia.

I occasionally got tipped under the table and my boss never found out about it. Not too bad, I guess.

Last edited:
Ha ha. You got it. Owners were nice (never saw them), but my managers and co-workers were complete and total ****heads. I'll always remember the day I forgot my jacket (dead of winter '04 or '05 or something, whichever the really cold one was) and gloves. It was super busy all day since it had just stormed so I was already freezing, and then when I was trying to clean out the wash before closing up, I slipped in the dirt/soap combo and cut the **** out of myself. That combined with soap, dirt and cold = not fun.

I really did suck at that job.

I had friends that worked there too around that time. Know a Randy or James by chance? I think they both might have gotten fired after having a water fight with the brooms... resulting in one of the handles flying off and scratching a car lol

I had friends that worked there too around that time. Know a Randy or James by chance? I think they both might have gotten fired after having a water fight with the brooms... resulting in one of the handles flying off and scratching a car lol

Randy sounds familiar, and I remember a James if he was a ginger kid who rode a scooter. And I can definitely see that happening, most of the workers there acted like morons.

Hot tar roofer. The tar would burn through my clothes. Had to bend down 8 hrs a day and the smell is awful. Ironically enough I quit my teaching job to work as a estimator at a roofing company.