What's new

Would he like it here? Would you do it? Would they?

Would you?

• Yes

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Cleveland wouldn't

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Love wouldn't stay

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters
Honestly I'm tired of losing this often bro. Not JAZZ.

I think Love would work. After losing 12 mill from our books I really wouldn't care what he made. I just want to root for a team that will win some games and make the playoffs. I really really really don't want to become a perennial lottery team.
I don't care how much money the Jazz offer him. They're not anywhere close to being a playoff team yet. There's no way Love resigns with the Jazz right now. He'd take less to go somewhere that can contend. He'd be a good fit in Houston, and they're whores for All star players.

A. Hayward isn't LeBron.
B. Utah isn't Los Angeles.
C. The Jazz aren't a playoff team.

I don't think the Jazz make this deal because they're simply not in a position to contend in the near future and Love wants to win now. If they trade for him, he bolts for greener pastures next year. I'm not a huge fan of his I the first place, but I certainly don't want to pay a king's ransom to rent him.

No thanks. Tank. Draft another top player. Add a decent free agent. Unleash Gobert and Exum as full-time starters next year.

Hayward is better than anything Love was paired with in Minnesota. Hayward isn't lebron he is a number 2 guy not a number one. Lebron needs a big that can play D not a guy that can score.

Hayward is better than anything Love was paired with in Minnesota. Hayward isn't lebron he is a number 2 guy not a number one. Lebron needs a big that can play D not a guy that can score.

Love had Kevin Martin, Nikola Pecovic, and Rick Rubio. All those dudes are top 15 starter's at their position. I agree none of them are as good as Hayward, and probably weren't great fits w/ Love, but it's not like this dude had scraps for teammates. A top 10 player should have been able to take those teams to at least an 8th seed.

So Love leaves Minny because he wants to make the playoffs and you think he would stay in Utah if they win 30 games this year?
LOL!

So Love leaves Minny because he wants to make the playoffs and you think he would stay in Utah if they win 30 games this year?
LOL!

I don't think the first half of the season(before he would have been here) would weigh much on his decision. I do think that we would win a lot of games in February/March/April with that lineup.

I don't think the first half of the season(before he would have been here) would weigh much on his decision. I do think that we would win a lot of games in February/March/April with that lineup.
I see your reasoning, but I DO think Love looks at the record and missing the playoffs...AGAIN. No matter how many games the Jazz win after a trade, they're not making the playoffs. Too risky for Utah that Love just bolts next summer or the season after. And Utah would not want to trade their pick. If they stay the course this year, it likely ends up in the 4-8 range. And just imagine if that pick moved up to 1-3 in the lottery. Utah would want lottery protection, Cleveland would insist on getting a pick THIS year.

No time to panic. Keep Favs and give me a player like Johnson or Porzingis (or whoever will be BPA when we pick) on a rookie contract.

What if we could get Dragic too? I doubt he will be in Phoenix after the deadline.

dude, if we can get Dragic then we'd better do it. He's a perfect Quin-type player. Could easily play next to Exum.

But why do you doubt he'll be with Phoenix? Salary stuff?

dude, if we can get Dragic then we'd better do it. He's a perfect Quin-type player. Could easily play next to Exum.

But why do you doubt he'll be with Phoenix? Salary stuff?

He is expiring. He will command a hefty price. Phx just paid Bledsoe. Dragic has been complaining that the problem in PHX is that they are all PG's. He seems to want out.

He is expiring. He will command a hefty price. Phx just paid Bledsoe. Dragic has been complaining that the problem in PHX is that they are all PG's. He seems to want out.

He'd be a great acquisition. I haven't been paying attention to phoenix... what kind of package would get their attention? I'm sure they'd be after picks.

He'd be a great acquisition. I haven't been paying attention to phoenix... what kind of package would get their attention? I'm sure they'd be after picks.

I don't know.

If they dealt Dragic they would probably need a 2. They could use an upgrade/depth in their frontcourt as well.

We have:
Picks
Burks
Hood
Booker
Kanter
Evans

I imagine we could figure something out.

Forgot to mention Hood.

Any picks would have to be lottery-protected, I think. And I'd hope we wouldn't have to payout for this year or the year after unless it was the GSW pick.

I just double checked it looks like he still has another year on his contract but he can opt out and it looks like he will.

Last edited:
Forgot to mention Hood.

Any picks would have to be lottery-protected, I think. And I'd hope we wouldn't have to payout for this year or the year after unless it was the GSW pick.

Yeah I noticed right after I hit post.

I'm sure the pick would be dependent on who we sent to PHX. Better players=more protection/picks further out

no+love%281%29.jpg

Military-ROLL-out-funny-tank-commander-design--Kids--Shirts.png

I'd gamble and hope that Love takes the xtra year, plus max (30 million right?) I'd give up Favors, Hood, G.S 1st, a pair of 2nd's for Love. Then, I'd offer Burks, Kanter, & a pair of 2nds for K. Lenoard/ cap filler. Then, I'd make my final trade. Lance Stephenson for a 2nd, rights to Tomic, Evans.

Burke / Exum
Hayward / Stephenson
Leonard
Love / Booker
Gobert

That would be my 8 man rotation.

I'd gamble and hope that Love takes the xtra year, plus max (30 million right?) I'd give up Favors, Hood, G.S 1st, a pair of 2nd's for Love. Then, I'd offer Burks, Kanter, & a pair of 2nds for K. Lenoard/ cap filler. Then, I'd make my final trade. Lance Stephenson for a 2nd, rights to Tomic, Evans.

Burke / Exum
Hayward / Stephenson
Leonard
Love / Booker
Gobert

That would be my 8 man rotation.

I don't think we can get Leonard. He fits now and is a part of the spurs future. I would be super high on.

Dragic/Exum
Hood
Hayward/?
Love/Kanter
Gobert

Lol ,are you serious?

When you look at what the two players bring to a team. It's not so one sided. Favors is a better defender while Love is a better shooter. I think Favors makes a teams offense look better while love is a better individual offensive player. I have love on my fantasy team, and he's scoring less and his rebounding is way down. He doesn't get steals or blocks. Being on a team with LBJ and Irving you expect his scoring #'s to be down. I honestly think Favors influences the game in more ways from defense to team offense

Not saying he's better then Love but it's not clear cut that Love is so much better or will affect winning more then Favors does. There's even room to argue that favors makes the cavs better then with Love

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk