What's new

Would You Trade Favors for Cousins?

Would You Trade Favors for Cousins?

• Total voters

Saint Cy of JFC

2022 Award Winner
Demarcus Cousins that is.

I vote no.

Even though Cousins is probably the most talented offensive big man in the league, he is also biggest bish in the league. Not sure this guy will ever be a winner on a team that is built around him. He would have to go to a situation with great veteran leaders and a great veteran coach, but even then I wouldn't be surprised if he ****ed it up.

Tainted goods.

Cousins is the more talented player, but no. Utah is not the right place for him. I don't think he'd be happy here and would constantly be causing problems because of it. Favors is still a very good player and actually likes being in Utah. That's worth more than some people are willing to admit.

I'd do that trade! Cousins next to Gobert..... Wow that would be amazing! Cousins is a decent passer, might work well with Kanter if Kanter can shoot the 3 at a decent percentage. It would be a nice move for the Jazz. I'd go Favors, g.s pick, Evans, Hood for cousins/nik .

Although I am excited to see this current Jazz team with another lotto pick, Hood, burks back next year! If Jazz get a lights out shooter in the draft, mix that with Burke/Dante/burks I'd like the Jazz odds at the playoffs!!!

Off the court character is overrated. On the court he isn't selfish judging by his assists numbers. True he sometimes does boneheaded things on the court but even factoring that into the stats the numbers speak for themselves. Only a homer Jazz fan would take Favors over Cousins and Favors is probably my favorite person on team. Cousins is a borderline elite player, something this team needs. I place him around the same tier as Kyrie.

Off the court character is overrated. On the court he isn't selfish judging by his assists numbers. True he sometimes does boneheaded things on the court but even factoring that into the stats the numbers speak for themselves. Only a homer Jazz fan would take Favors over Cousins and Favors is probably my favorite person on team. Cousins is a borderline elite player, something this team needs. I place him around the same tier as Kyrie.

He often walks around on defense and watches the 9 other players play while he sulks around. He probably takes more plays completely off than any other player in the NBA.

No, for every reason you stated, minus the part about being the biggest bish. The entire Clippers team take rankings 1-12.

No, for every reason you stated, minus the part about being the biggest bish. The entire Clippers team take rankings 1-12.

IDK, Clippers are bishes in general. Cousins is a bish to everyone, even his own teammates. Pretty much the sole reason they don't have Isiah Thomas anymore because Cousins didn't like him.

If you are talking straight up then absolutely yes. I love Favors and I'm completely aware of the concerns over cuz, but straight up there should be no question. Sorry, Faves.

Favors wants to play for us and doesn't cause problems. Cousins is a better player but I still wouldn't want to see that trade.

A lot of good answers.
Cousins is clearly the better player and to debate that is silly.
But there is something to be said for Favors being a better role on a team game.

I think Cousins' problems are overblown, by a lot. I didn't say they are non-existent...

Would I trade? In short, yes. But I got to know him and saw him at UK. He was a great teammate, an enforcer, and a force.. but he HAS to have a STRONG coach he respects. And I would agree that is a risk and is legit baggage.

I am SHOCKED at the results of the poll.
I honestly thought it would be like 25 Favors to 1 Cousins.

A lot of good answers.
Cousins is clearly the better player and to debate that is silly.
But there is something to be said for Favors being a better role on a team game.

I think Cousins' problems are overblown, by a lot. I didn't say they are non-existent...

Would I trade? In short, yes. But I got to know him and saw him at UK. He was a great teammate, an enforcer, and a force.. but he HAS to have a STRONG coach he respects. And I would agree that is a risk and is legit baggage.
I think Snyder would be able to handle him.

I think it was a Zach Lowe podcast, but Jeff Van Gundy said he wouldn't want Cousins on any of his teams.

No doubting cousins talents but his mindset and he doesn't fit in Utah lifetstyle, Favors is a better fit and he loves Utah and not only that along side Rudy I think Favors fits much better

No doubting cousins talents but his mindset and he doesn't fit in Utah lifetstyle, Favors is a better fit and he loves Utah and not only that along side Rudy I think Favors fits much better

I'm not debating the merits of your post.. but please expound on the last 9 words.