What's new

Would you trade Favors for Love?

On bad teams. With decent rosters and coaching. Boozer at least was a cornerstone of a very, very good team year in and year out. Also, keep in mind what happened when he was replaced by Al Jefferson.
Boozer was replaced by Millsap. Jefferson replaced Memo. And there were other dynamics in play, including the boiling situation between Sloan and Deron, the continued decline and discontent of AK, etc. - and then the coaching change.

Boozer was replaced by Millsap. Jefferson replaced Memo. And there were other dynamics in play, including the boiling situation between Sloan and Deron, the continued decline and discontent of AK, etc. - and then the coaching change.
Of course there were other ****ing issues. But AK didn't decline (until the last couple of years) and Fat Al grinding the gears of the offense into dust (vs a guy that flourished in it) was the base of every other problem. Boozer was a one way player, but a damn good one that made the team better. No player in Jazz history has been more underappreciated than Carlos Boozer.

I had no intention of that point turning into me praising a player that I had originally used to malign. Because I'm not saying Love is garbage, just overrated, and a one-way player.

55425_o.gif

Of course there were other ****ing issues. But AK didn't decline (until the last couple of years) and Fat Al grinding the gears of the offense into dust (vs a guy that flourished in it) was the base of every other problem. Boozer was a one way player, but a damn good one that made the team better. No player in Jazz history has been more underappreciated than Carlos Boozer.

I had no intention of that point turning into me praising a player that I had originally used to malign. Because I'm not saying Love is garbage, just overrated, and a one-way player.

Then we probably agree that for what he'd bring vs. what he'd cost, both in terms of assets given up and salary against the cap, a player like Love isn't a good fit. It's awfully hard to compete with one-way players. Cleveland is finding that out as has Houston.

Hmmmmm. I'm not even disagreeing, but poll NBA fans around the country. I bet 90% of all non Utah fans say Love is better.

Where does it end?
Favors for Kawhi?
Favors for Durrant?
Westbrook?
Davis?
LeBron?
Lilliard?
Would you guys do that?

I ****ing hate Love. For some reason I've never ahem, loved his game. Something just seems off about him in general.

Kevin Love was the most overrated player in the NBA. Put him on the Jazz and he will again become the most overrated player in the NBA. I would do the trade because he could land us a number one pick in a loaded draft. I have no interest in Love outside of asset accumulation.

However, Gobert can cover all of Love's deficiencies and Love can cover all of Gobert's. He also fills that go to guy role we lack, while taking some serious pressure off Hayward. Gobert-Love-Hayward-Hood_Teague would be a fun WCF finalist loser to watch. I'd rather have Conley for the defense as that's the key here, but I'm afraid he's going into decline. Conley is gettable BTW.

On bad teams. With decent rosters and coaching. Boozer at least was a cornerstone of a very, very good team year in and year out. Also, keep in mind what happened when he was replaced by Al Jefferson.

Love dominated on his own. Boozer dominated being set up in a solid offense. The two are in separate tiers. Maybe two between them.

That's not coming from Boozer leaving us jealousy either. What you're saying about how good Booz was here is spot on. He still wasn't Love, not close.

Nope. Not even a consideration. Don't you all remember Boozer's defense? When you're a playoff team and you're playing an offensively-gifted team, you're going to need to impede them when they're on offense. Guys like Boozer and Love can't do that. He may score and rebound but Favors keeps improving and plays defense.