What's new

Would you want Splitter?

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size]

Let's just say that SAS wants to get Pau Gasol. After the new contracts for Diaw and Mills, they'd need to trade Splitter in a salary dump (and hope that Gasol would sign for the same amount).

What would you give up for Splitter in a salary-dump type deal?

No thanks. Only because I like Kanter, Favors and Gobert.

I like Splitter but he is a better fit for a contender. Him and Kanter are too similar. Kanter has more upside.

I see Splitter going to a contender or playoff team.

Ugh, that's a tough one. I'd lean toward no because I feel like his numbers don't equate into that salary. However, numbers don't tell the whole story and I would love to have his knowledge of the Spurs system here to help teach the young guys. He and Favors up front is so much more appealing than Kanter and Favors.

Any of the non guaranteed contract players, Jeremy Evans, and/or 2nd pick (s), is about all I would part with

What I should've also said is that if we did this, I think Kanter becomes expendable and part of the trade, thus making our front court Favors and Splitter with Novak and Gobert off the bench, and Tomic possibly getting time if he comes over.
I'd also want the Spurs 2016 or 2017 1st round pick with minimal to no protection.

I would love to have his knowledge of the Spurs system here to help teach the young guys.

"knowledge of the Spurs system"? PASS THE BALL!....stop watching ESPN highlight films!...Box your man out!.....play defense!.....remember, your NOT the man! Basketball is a TEAM sport! Oh, one more thing.....stop putting those disgusting jailhouse tats all over your body!

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];865481 said:
Let's just say that SAS wants to get Pau Gasol. After the new contracts for Diaw and Mills, they'd need to trade Splitter in a salary dump (and hope that Gasol would sign for the same amount).

What would you give up for Splitter in a salary-dump type deal?

#NOMediocrity

I think Spitter's overall value is being wildly underrated here. I'm not saying I would definitely do it but he's a very solid player.

I dont want him.

I still like our guys too damn much

I think Spitter's overall value is being wildly underrated here. I'm not saying I would definitely do it but he's a very solid player.
Agreed. He is underrated here, but I'm with the consensus too. We shouldn't mess up our front court unless we could significantly upgrade it.

I like Splitter but he is a better fit for a contender. Him and Kanter are too similar. Kanter has more upside.
Have you ever seen Splitter play? He's one of the best passing and pick and roll bigs in the NBA...Basically the opposite of Kanter. With the guards on the team, Splitter is a good fit, but the Spurs won't let him go.

How do you mess up a ****ty frontcourt?

I don't think our FC is the best in the NBA or that they are awesome but if there isn't a clear cut opportunity to significantly upgrade it, we just shouldn't monkey with it. Fav/Kan/Gob deserve and will get a last and hopefully a legit chance to prove themselves this coming season(Gobert can have more chances). If they prove to be not worthy then I'm sure the Jazz will be looking to replace/upgrade it. Right now the FO endorses the FC they have and it's all in their plans/projections that they have done when they drafted them. They knew it was a long project and they are willing to try it deservedly, till it really fails. I don't see a reason to broke it before they are fully sure about it.

By the way, ****ty is too strong of a word to describe our FC in any way, but it isn't surprising one bit, coming from you.