What's new

WTF is Hayward doing on the court?

To defend Ty, letting your starters see the game through in overtime isn't necessarily bad coaching. But everyone could see on Hayward's face and it was clear he wasn't going to shoot or try to make a play. Miles might not have won the game, but at least if it comes down to it he'll brick the shot and not play hot potato.

Hayward was off, no doubt, but to suggest that Miles should be in there? Please. I wouldn't have minded Burks.

I'll add that Hayward and Favors both need these types of minutes to grow. There'll be some growing pains before the Jazz get to be the team KOC planned them to be and these are the growing pains.
Take Hayward and Favors into the wilderness with some hard pipe-hittin, whiskey drinkin wilderness types for a month or so during the offseason. Make Favors wrestle a bear, and Hayward to drink a 5th of whiskey every night and chop lots of firewood.

Hayward was off, no doubt, but to suggest that Miles should be in there? Please. I wouldn't have minded Burks.

It's just hard to watch Hayward shell-up like that. I would've liked to see burks go out and just give him a green light--no one else wanted the green light but millsap. We needed one of our wings to make a play--or want to make a play. I'm still high on Hayward, though, and maybe TY is doing the right thing by not bailing him out by benching him--which is what hayward seemed to want. Make him stay out there until his balls drop. This team's future needs Hayward to be comfortable on the floor in games like this.

We can agree to disagree or we can come to a compromise........lets just play a man down, we basically did anyway. He passed up opportunities you spend 24 secs trying to get. If you aren't going to take them wtf have they spent the whole possession doing? Then the rare time he does take a shot he either airballs it or dribbles out the last 5 secs of the clock then heaves up a prayer........./airball. He DREADS having to shoot a basket-styled-ball towards the rim.

Right now, Hayward looks more scared than he did last year when Deron threw the ball at him. I can't think of a player with less confidence that I have seen who gets so much playing time. Tonight, CJ would have been the better option. Maybe he's having girl problems, and if so, I feel bad for him cuz I got 99 problems...

Reactions: MVP
Right now, Hayward looks more scared than he did last year when Deron threw the ball at him. I can't think of a player with less confidence that I have seen who gets so much playing time.

^^^This^^^

We can agree to disagree or we can come to a compromise........lets just play a man down, we basically did anyway. He passed up opportunities you spend 24 secs trying to get. If you aren't going to take them wtf have they spent the whole possession doing? Then the rare time he does take a shot he either airballs it or dribbles out the last 5 secs of the clock then heaves up a prayer........./airball. He DREADS having to shoot a basket-styled-ball towards the rim.

That's why I said Burks would've been a good option in my opinion. The only thing I will say, and ya ya, it's chiche, but at least Hayward is still doing the little things like hustling and rebounding. 7 boards is nothing to scoff at, and is about 5 more than Chucker is typically getting.

Devin Harris should've seen more playing time. If you subtract the overtime minutes he only played 4 more than Watson. Considering the way he came out in the first I would've had him on the floor more than 26 of the 48 total minutes. This game really made me see how much Al Jeff really matters. The two younger big men aren't even close to offensively ready. Favors got blocked at least 3 times I can remember.

I don't mind Hayward and I know he works hard, but it was the coach who had him too long on the floor when hayward was clearly ineffective. Give the guy another chance.

Hayward is not even looking to shoot outside. There were a number of times when if he was ready to shoot when he caught the ball, he would've had a decent look. Instead, he just drives in and the defense is waiting for him. Kind of reminds me of when AK couldn't make a shot and he would flail into the paint and get stripped -- Hayward doesn't get stripped that often but blocked.

You guys realize that the team played terrible when Howard, Miles, and Watson were on the floor , right?

Yes.......yes we do. You realize that if you score more points than the opposing team, you win.....right? See, neither of our thoughts had anything to do with the thread.

You're naming three guys that played together that didn't do much of anyting.....I'm advocating only taking one guy from the lineup that was on the court for almost the entire 2 OT's and replacing him with someone capable of creating some sort of offense and isn't petrified of shooting a basketball in an NBA game. Real simple, champ.

When Hayward plays aggressively and hits a few shots, the team is so much better! The way he played against Denver was amazing. Having said that, Hayward has absolutely sucked lately. I know he does "the little stuff", but he seems to be so fragile mentally that any miss of his shot keeps compounding and compounding until he is shooting airballs. Ty needs to play the hot hand, and Harris should have played more in the first quarter while he was rolling. Our starting shooting guard and small forward have to be among the worst in the league while our bigs are in the top three statistically.

you guys do realize that the team played much better when hayward was on the court then when he wasn't , right?

you guys do realize that the team played much better when hayward was on the court then when he wasn't , right?

You do know they only count Wins and Losses, right? Not "They almost won with this guy that had a high +/- but was a dreadful 1/9 on the offensive end and looked like he was picked out of the crowd in a promotion" ......although we should lobby the league to add that.....sort of like Win/Loss/Tie in soccer.