What's new

WTF is Hayward doing on the court?

Has Hayward even attempted a jump shot off the dribble all year? He seemed to be doing that regularly during his hot streak at the end of last season.

if the guys playing his position when he wasn't in played as well as he did, the Jazz would have won the game.

That is the most ridiculous statement about yesterdays game. Hayward sucked and you say that CJ or Howard needed to play as well as he to win it??? Where is logic here? Hayward played down the stretch when we lost, you can't blame Howard or CJ for that. If you think CJ or Howard were responsible for Toronto run in second quarter think again.

if the guys playing his position when he wasn't in played as well as he did, the Jazz would have won the game.

I simply disagree. Him alone passing up wide open shots in the 2 OT's then allowed what was obviously a defensive philosophy by Casey to sag completely off Hayward and double Millsap. Now, others weren't shooting well either but watch Haywards defender in the 2 OT's and please realize that him being so passive on O totally killed any chance we had of spreading the floor and getting room for Paul to work. Defending the Jazz in the OT's was as easy as it gets. They dared Gordon to shoot. +/- isnt the end all be all stat, IMO. If you can't see that then I suppose we will have to agree to disagree.

That is the most ridiculous statement about yesterdays game. Hayward sucked and you say that CJ or Howard needed to play as well as he to win it??? Where is logic here? Hayward played down the stretch when we lost, you can't blame Howard or CJ for that. If you think CJ or Howard were responsible for Toronto run in second quarter think again.

I edited the statement , because upon review, he didn't have a great game, but neither did the other 2, and I reiterate that the team played better when Hayward was on the court. You are only looking at the parts that support your side, and not the other parts.

Hayward? More like P-word! I love the kid, but seriously, he needs to grow a pair.

hayward does not deserve so much playing time right now. he needs to come off the bench, about 15 minutes per game sounds about right for me. we should start howard and cj. kanter and favors should get like 16 - 20 minutes per game and burks as well. give bell 10 - 15 minutes per game and hayward about as much as well.

jefferson
millsap
howard
miles
harris

you guys flip flop every game.

Which "guys"?

And you're right, he not responsible for the lead being lost......but fast forward to the end of the 4th and the 2 OT's. Can you address that and AT LEAST concede that his +12 is a result of the 1st quarter only, just like all the starters had +'s? 2 OT's....go!

One player effects the play of the other guys he is on the court with. You don't know that Harris and Bell would have played as well as they did if Hayward wasn't playing with them.

The Harris, Bell , and Hayward combo had a better game than the Watson, Miles, and Howard combo,
and yet I see a hundred posts about how terrible Harris Bell and Hayward were, and that Watson or Miles or Howard should have gotten more time.
None of them had a great game, but it is not clear that the Jazz would have been better off if the starters played less.

I would like to have seen more Burks, but there is no guarantee that would have worked out better. It is easy to criticize in hindsight. In hindsight, the starters played too many minutes by the end of the game, but there was no way to know that the game was going 2 OTs.

Yes.......yes we do. You realize that if you score more points than the opposing team, you win.....right? See, neither of our thoughts had anything to do with the thread.

Who says there is no room for sarciasm? Funniest thing I have read in weeks! Right or wrong thanks for the smile.