What's new

Yesterday - Bundy Ranch

I stated from the beginning that he should have been immediately arrested and his cattle sold for payment.

I never heard you say that throughout all the threads.
Must have missed it.

We all agree with you that the amount of law enforcement involved from the beginning was uneccessary doe.

Speaking of corporate corruption, Canada actually has a bigger problem with things like white-collar crime than the States do-- in many regards, the business elite of the North can actually work around state-set regulations much easier than their American counterparts.

But again, citizen desires are met at a by-and-large extent-- and therein lies the political apathy that seems to upset you IMO.

It's Canada, nobody cares.

But again, citizen desires are met at a by-and-large extent-- and therein lies the political apathy that seems to upset you IMO.

This is quite true imo.

2 really solid posts there dala.
Kudos.

@ peeks.... sorry you feel alone on this issue. Just remember that you are like everybodys favorite jazzfanzer and we love you. (Being serious)

Meanwhile, typical Joe-Shmoe like myself is too busy burying his head in books, trying to spend time with friends and family-- and as long as I get health-care coverage, student loans, and a decent welfare net to support me, it's hard for me to be able to comprehend, or (more importantly) have time to look into how much cleaning up needs to be done in the political and corporate sectors.

I should have quoted this part of dalas post.

Basically outta sight outta mind.

I guess our government should start doing alot more horrible things (think hitlerish stuff) and then more of us would stand up and fight more often.

The problem is that most of us are pretty happy with our lives..... wait, is that really a problem?

This is quite true imo.

2 really solid posts there dala.
Kudos.

@ peeks.... sorry you feel alone on this issue. Just remember that you are like everybodys favorite jazzfanzer and we love you. (Being serious)

I'm just frustrated, really. I went down to the bundy's thinking what douche bags they were.. then I met them. Then I thought these 'militia'.. what douche bags they must be... then I met them. I just wish we could have ALL experienced it together (I mean that). I'm a changed person for it. I really am. I will never again trample on the 'little people' .. as I have done most of my 'career.' I am sickened by me.. and all others that I have joyfully manipulated in the past for financial gain. I guess I may be becoming somewhat of a democrat (gasp)... but with conservative RULES in place that **** gets done for the majority.

To summarize, Bundy refused to pay a fee to graze his cattle, was issued a court order to remove his cattle and then told the federal government to suck it, correct? Seriously, if I am missing something here I really would like to know.

From what I heard on the news the other night, he said that he was willing to pay the fees to the state or local government, but rejected the feds' claim to the land.

I'm just frustrated, really. I went down to the bundy's thinking what douche bags they were.. then I met them. Then I thought these 'militia'.. what douche bags they must be... then I met them. I just wish we could have ALL experienced it together (I mean that). I'm a changed person for it. I really am. I will never again trample on the 'little people' .. as I have done most of my 'career.' I am sickened by me.. and all others that I have joyfully manipulated in the past for financial gain. I guess I may be becoming somewhat of a democrat (gasp)... but with conservative RULES in place that **** gets done for the majority.

I believe you on that front and i would never try to judge all those people that i have never met and know nothing about.

I just wont get all worked up over a cause (some guy not paying his required fees) that i dont believe in.

I would be willing to get involved with helping the homeless (and i have), legalization of teh weed, homo rights and things of that nature.

There are things that people in this country care aboot and are willing to fight for so dont lose hope and give up on us all

Peace be with you my bro <3

It's Canada, nobody cares.

Bernard_Ebbers.jpg

Do you recognize this guy? Born in Edmonton-- went to the same University that I'm going to right now.

He was the CEO that caused this:

bujOZU3.png

Sooooooo...

Let me get this straight...

Somehow I'm supposed to cheer on some idiotic redneck who probably belongs to the KKK who believes they he is entitled to use federal land however he wants?

Wow. What a patriot. Someone who I can really get behind.

Hopefully, this ends peacefully and the Feds are able to build the solar farm. If not, then hopefully we wipe out these idiotic rednecks without a single casualty for the Feds. I'm tired of these wack job rednecks impeding the progress of this country.

Btw, this was the worst titled thread in the history of ever.

Woulda read it if it was titled "Govt taking dudes cows, militia en route to defend" or something like that.

"Free speech zones" screams "one brow/pearl watson/ Jim les thread. STAY OUT!!!"

£¥£

I know you wrote me off long ago, but FWIW I could give you an essay on the mindset of these kinds of people. I guarantee you my upbringing and cultural envelop can relate to the John Bircher/militia types more than most ever could try, yourself included. I have no doubt the vast majority of your militia are what I'd normally call the best of people, even if they're misguidedly doing something downright insane atm.

How is an elitist liberal douchbag moran supposed to condemn or support really good people who are doing horrible things? I love my family and friends despite some of the intolerant, crazy **** they say, but it's still crazy **** they say. It's a serious question for everyone.

Sooooooo...

Somehow I'm supposed to cheer on some idiotic redneck who probably belongs to the KKK who believes they he is entitled to use federal land however he wants?

Hopefully, this ends peacefully and the Feds are able to build the solar farm. If not, then hopefully we wipe out these idiotic rednecks without a single casualty for the Feds. I'm tired of these wack job rednecks impeding the progress of this country.

yep.. you got it right, congrats.

Sooooooo...

You sound just like me today. **** me!

I know you wrote me off long ago, but FWIW I could give you an essay on the mindset of these kinds of people. I guarantee you my upbringing and cultural envelop can relate to the John Bircher/militia types more than most ever could try, yourself included. I have no doubt the vast majority of your militia are what I'd normally call the best of people, even if they're misguidedly doing something downright insane atm.

How is an elitist liberal douchbag moran supposed to condemn or support really good people who are doing horrible things? I love my family and friends despite some of the intolerant, crazy **** they say, but it's still crazy **** they say. It's a serious question for everyone.

?????????????

To the contrary....

I have no clue who was right or wrong, and I really don't care. All I know, is you are going to see a lot more of this.

I started a thread awhile back wondering if Reagan has effectively killed America.

There is a huge divide in this country: Those with the means to screw everyone else over and the ones getting screwed over.

It's not a left vs right thing, it's a class thing. There are too many monopolies, which leads to too few individuals/corporations holding all the power, which leads to less control over you life, less opportunity, etc.

Again, I don't know if it is right or wrong, but you will see more and more of this. And, it is not a right vs left thing.

Republicans and Democrats do the same thing once they step into DC. It's a haves vs have nots thing.

Also, I don't know if there ever were ethics in business, but there surely isn't anymore. It is sickening to see people, LDS people, totally ok with screwing everyone over in the game of making a buck. It is shocking.