What's new

"You get a mugshot, you get a mugshot, everyone gets a mugshot!"

Why are they always picking on the self-proclaimed "Most honest human being perhaps that God ever created"?

"New York Attorney General Letitia James is seeking a speedy judgment against former President Donald Trump for allegedly inflating his net worth by billions of dollars to fraudulently secure favorable loan and insurance terms for more than a decade.

In a filing Wednesday night in New York court, James argued that Trump, his sons, and his business had obtained “hundreds of millions of dollars in ill-gotten savings and profits” and that, given the volume of evidence her office has collected, the judge should issue what’s known as a summary judgment, essentially a ruling without the trial scheduled on October 2. Trump’s camp has responded by also asking the court to rule in the case before it goes to trial — but in his favor.

The requests are the culmination of a multi-year investigation into Trump’s business dealings in New York, for which he could be on the hook for up to $250 million and be barred from doing business in the state. That investigation is a civil case and is separate from the four sets of criminal charges Trump faces that span from New York to Georgia. Together, Trump’s civil and criminal cases continue to dominate the 2024 Republican primary calendar, and his legal troubles have consumed millions of dollars of his campaign funds."

The cost of freedom is eternal vigilance not eternal complacency.
Well, damn straight. I know I have every good reason to be vigilant at this time in our history. I take Trump at his word when he talks and acts like a fascist.

Two more Proud Dorks being sentenced today. Will they hang a picture of their orange Deity on their cell wall?

"The sentencing of Pezzola and Nordean follows U.S. District Judge Timothy Kelly on Thursday ordering two other former Proud Boys leaders, Joseph Biggs and Zachary Rehl, to serve 17 years and 15 years in prison, respectively.

More than 1,100 people have been arrested on charges related to the Capitol assault. Of those, more than 630 have pleaded guilty and at least 110 have been convicted at trial."
Good stuff

This is interesting-

"Regan told me that Carr’s RICO charges are a “massive transgression” of free speech and free assembly rights. Carr, of course, is using the same RICO law Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis, a Democrat, is using to prosecute former President Donald Trump and 18 others charged with trying to overturn Joe Biden’s 2020 win in Georgia. Liberals cheering what Willis is doing should be wary of the double-edged sword that the RICO law is. Written to target the Mafia, RICO laws are now being used to charge political enemies."

This is interesting-

"Regan told me that Carr’s RICO charges are a “massive transgression” of free speech and free assembly rights. Carr, of course, is using the same RICO law Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis, a Democrat, is using to prosecute former President Donald Trump and 18 others charged with trying to overturn Joe Biden’s 2020 win in Georgia. Liberals cheering what Willis is doing should be wary of the double-edged sword that the RICO law is. Written to target the Mafia, RICO laws are now being used to charge political enemies."
imo if there is a prosecutor out there who believes they have a bunch of evidence of crimes that a bunch of democrats committed then that prosecutor should take the evidence before a grand jury and get the recommendation to indict those democrats and then prosecute them. If they think they can prosecute the democrats under the RICO act then I hope they do it and if the democrats are guilty of crimes then i hope they are found guilty and sentenced.

The cool thing is that in the article you linked to it would seem that these are just protesters and this probably wont fly. In the case of trump it was a group of republican politicians, lawyers, etc trying to overturn an election. I see a difference between protesting (free speech) and trying to unlawfully overturn an election (not free speech). In other words, Carr's RICO charges are bull ****. His charges are being used to try to prosecute people for protesting (free speech). I believe a judge and or jury will recognize this and laugh at Carr. Willis's RICO charges fit the bill and make sense as she is using RICO charges to prosecute a group of people trying to overturn a free and fair election. I believe a judge and or jury will recognize this and allow the trial to play out. Protesting isn't the same thing as overturning elections imo.

Pretty simple to me.

I mean I guess a prosecutor could try to prosecute a deer hunter for murder just like a prosecutor could prosecute a murderer for murder. I doubt that our justice system would view those two cases the same though. Our justice system would probably laugh at the prosecutor who was prosecuting a deer hunter for shooting a deer.

Last edited: