What's new

Your draft big board

I would take at minimum 4 prospects currently ranked outside the top 20, on most public boards, to be better longterm, than 80% of the projected to be taken by us at 9.

I put my personal big board in the other thread, and I don't think it's changed much, but here's my Jazz specific one. I think the Jazz should prioritize shooting and passing when choosing within tiers and it sounds like they are looking for positional length as a key criteria for their team.

1. Wemby
2. Scoot
3. Miller
4. Amen
5. Cam
6. Ausar
7. Wallace
8. Walker
9. Hendricks
10. Bufkin
11. George
12. Dick
13. Black
14. Hawkins
15. Sidy
16. Whitehead

... subject to change

I put my personal big board in the other thread, and I don't think it's changed much, but here's my Jazz specific one. I think the Jazz should prioritize shooting and passing when choosing within tiers and it sounds like they are looking for positional length as a key criteria for their team.

1. Wemby
2. Scoot
3. Miller
4. Amen
5. Cam
6. Ausar
7. Wallace
8. Walker
9. Hendricks
10. Bufkin
11. George
12. Dick
13. Black
14. Hawkins
15. Sidy
16. Whitehead

... subject to change

If that is what you are basing it on why is Wallace so high and Black so low?

1.Victor
2. Miller
3. Whitmore
4.Amen
5.Ausar
6. Scoot
7. Walker
8.Hendricks
9. Wallace
10.Black
11. Coulibaly
12. George
13. Dick
14 Miller
15.Hawkins
16. GG

At 28 I like
Clowney
Jaquez Jr.
Lewis
Podziemski

Big Board

1. Victor Wembanyama
  2. Scoot Henderson
  3. Brandon Miller
  4. Cam Whitmore
  5. Amen Thompson
  6. Ausar Thompson
  7. Jarace Walker
  8. Taylor Hendricks
  9. Cason Wallace
  10. Grady Dick
  11. Keyonte Georges
  12. Kobe Bufkin
  13. Gregory Jack's on
  14. Bilal Coulibali
  15. Jalen Hood-Schifino
  16. Dariq Whitehead
  17. Anthony Black
  18. Nick Smith
  19. Jordan Hawkins
  20. Leonard Miller
  21. Colby Jones
  22. Derek Lively
  23. Brandin Podziemski
  24. Sidy Cissoko
  25. Rayan Rupert
  26. Brice Sensabaugh
  27. Kris Murray
  28. Jett Howard
  29. Noah Clowney
  30. Amari Bailey

If that is what you are basing it on why is Wallace so high and Black so low?

I think Wallace is going to be at least an average shooter in the NBA, with a chance to be a good shooter. I think Black might struggle with his shot, and if so would be difficult to play next to Kessler. I'm guessing you are referring to the length comment though, where I'm sure the Jazz would love Black's height, but I believe Cason actually has the longer wing span.

I actually really like Black, just not for the Jazz because of Kessler. I'll admit that could be a little short sighted.

absolutely. probably a safer pick even than some above him. imagine if somebody did a big board the year desmond bane was drafted. or the year jimmy butler was drafted and put them in the top 10. you would have said they were crazy yet they would have been correct. the fact is, where guys are mocked and even ultimately drafted doesn't mean they can't or won't far outperform those spots. and that's how i see podz. he's being significantly underrated - and i hope the jazz take advantage of that and scoop him up at 28.
I feel like nearly every draft has at least one player drafted 20s or later who ends up being a top 10 performer in the class.

I think Wallace is going to be at least an average shooter in the NBA, with a chance to be a good shooter. I think Black might struggle with his shot, and if so would be difficult to play next to Kessler. I'm guessing you are referring to the length comment though, where I'm sure the Jazz would love Black's height, but I believe Cason actually has the longer wing span.

I actually really like Black, just not for the Jazz because of Kessler. I'll admit that could be a little short sighted.
Regardless of their measurements it's pretty clear Black plays much bigger than Cason does.

I think the fully stretched numbers of reach/wingspan don't say everything. We poopoo head height as not being as important as the length, but there is probably value in having parts of your body in a taller starting position and not having to be in a fully stretched state to express your size

Regardless of their measurements it's pretty clear Black plays much bigger than Cason does.

I think the fully stretched numbers of reach/wingspan don't say everything. We poopoo head height as not being as important as the length, but there is probably value in having parts of your body in a taller starting position and not having to be in a fully stretched state to express your size

I don't disagree with any of that

I’ll probably change it a bunch between now and the draft. I’m hoping the Jazz prioritize wing sized players with high upside. I’m not as high on the guards as everyone else seems to be, but I’m okay with that.

01 - Victor Wembanayama
02 - Brandon Miller
03 - Cam Whitmore
04 - Scoot Henderson
05 - Jarace Walker
06 - Taylor Hendricks
07 - Anthony Black

08 - Ausur Thompson
09 - Amen Thompson
10 - Bilal Coulibaly
11 - Grady Dick
12 - Leonard Miller
13 - Sidy Cissoko
14 - Keyonte George
15 - Cason Wallace
16 - Bobi Klintman

17 - Kobe Bufkin
18 - Jordan Hawkins
19 - Jaime Jaquez
20 - Dereck Lively II
21 - Maxwell Lewis
22 - GG Jackson
23 - Jalen Hood-Schifino
24 - Brandin Podziemski
25 - Noah Clowney
26 - Dariq Whitehead
27 - Kris Murray
28 - Trayce Jackson-Davis

Last edited:

if AB shaves his head before the draft he is a TREX Jordan Walsh with some slightly better passing skills . Black is so overrated smh

Big Board

1. Victor Wembanyama
  2. Scoot Henderson
  3. Brandon Miller
  4. Cam Whitmore
  5. Amen Thompson
  6. Ausar Thompson
  7. Jarace Walker
  8. Taylor Hendricks
  9. Cason Wallace
  10. Grady Dick
  11. Keyonte Georges
  12. Kobe Bufkin
  13. Gregory Jack's on
  14. Bilal Coulibali
  15. Jalen Hood-Schifino
  16. Dariq Whitehead
  17. Anthony Black
  18. Nick Smith
  19. Jordan Hawkins
  20. Leonard Miller
  21. Colby Jones
  22. Derek Lively
  23. Brandin Podziemski
  24. Sidy Cissoko
  25. Rayan Rupert
  26. Brice Sensabaugh
  27. Kris Murray
  28. Jett Howard
  29. Noah Clowney
  30. Amari Bailey
Appending merely the surnames and patronymics instead of including the entire given name invalidates the entire list! Good day sir!

Appending merely the surnames and patronymics instead of including the entire given name invalidates the entire list! Good day sir!
Dear Sir, surreptitious sources portend that your proper name is Logan Graduloso Hinojosa the 98th. I shall refrain from using such a greeting without your expressed permission. I shall endeavor to follow your suggestions regarding any further postulated “big boards” that I publish. Thank you for drawing my attention to this issue!