What's new

You're the GM this offseason. What do you do?

I like him but he has a good situation in Indiana and it sounds like they will pay him. I would think something in the 4/70-80M range is fair... I think they would pay him that... so what would we have to pay to get him to come over? With him I'd be reluctant to do a 4 year deal in that range... going higher than that would give me real pause.

Another guy I've thrown out there is Rudy Gay. If we missed on these other targets he'd be good... more of a band aid option for a couple years. Could he give us 80% of what Tobias does for a year or two? I think if you offered 13M-15M per year for two years plus a starting PF spot he'd leave SA.
Can he play the 4?

I like him but he has a good situation in Indiana and it sounds like they will pay him. I would think something in the 4/70-80M range is fair... I think they would pay him that... so what would we have to pay to get him to come over? With him I'd be reluctant to do a 4 year deal in that range... going higher than that would give me real pause.

Another guy I've thrown out there is Rudy Gay. If we missed on these other targets he'd be good... more of a band aid option for a couple years. Could he give us 80% of what Tobias does for a year or two? I think if you offered 13M-15M per year for two years plus a starting PF spot he'd leave SA.

We'd definitely have to offer more than Indiana to get him to come here, I'm not sure how high of a number I'd be comfortable with, and given the conservative nature of our front office they probably wouldn't be willing to go very high. He's a guy that I really believe is gettable though whereas some of the others I'm not sure how realistic our chances really are.

I think Gay would be a great fit but I highly doubt the Jazz would choose him over Favors and I'm pretty sure as long as Favors is on the roster he's going to be in the starting lineup. He'd be a big upgrade over Crowder and even if he has to come off the bench he'd still get starter minutes and close every game for us. I'm sure we could easily move Crowder if we wanted to. I remember hearing that the Jazz had some interest in him after Hayward left so he's probably still on their radar.

Yyyyaaaaa, not a shooter. He’s had two decent shooting years, this last year he shot 31% and has at least two three years of shooting less than 30%. He just got hot like everyone vs the jazz.

Maybe he's been practicing, practicing, practicing.....his 3 point shot rather than his dunks and dribbling between his legs! Could be he's turned a new leaf on outside shooting! In the two series I saw him play this playoffs he was very, very good!

How does Zanik feel about Kevin Love? Or could this be like Trey Burke and him being "Ty's guy"?

Side note on Love. I was talking to an OKC buddy who was raving about the idea of Love at OKC. He thinks they should trade Roberson's expiring, Patterson's expiring, Jerami Grant, Fergusen and a pick for Love. The idea of Westbrook, George, Shroeder, Love, and Adams scares me. That could be a really good team.

But still, no Love for me on the Jazz. Hard pass from me.

Side note on Love. I was talking to an OKC buddy who was raving about the idea of Love at OKC. He thinks they should trade Roberson's expiring, Patterson's expiring, Jerami Grant, Fergusen and a pick for Love. The idea of Westbrook, George, Shroeder, Love, and Adams scares me. That could be a really good team.

But still, no Love for me on the Jazz. Hard pass from me.

That don’t scare me... Westbrook and PG having surgeries Love is old AF... honestly I’d rather have Grant than Love... I think that’d be a pretty awful move for them.

That don’t scare me... Westbrook and PG having surgeries Love is old AF... honestly I’d rather have Grant than Love... I think that’d be a pretty awful move for them.

Love greatly improves that team. We better hope they don't get him. His rebounding and floor spacing will make them that much more difficult to defend. I like Grant fine, but he's an athlete with average skills not a proven skilled shooting big man.

We'd definitely have to offer more than Indiana to get him to come here, I'm not sure how high of a number I'd be comfortable with, and given the conservative nature of our front office they probably wouldn't be willing to go very high. He's a guy that I really believe is gettable though whereas some of the others I'm not sure how realistic our chances really are.

I think Gay would be a great fit but I highly doubt the Jazz would choose him over Favors and I'm pretty sure as long as Favors is on the roster he's going to be in the starting lineup. He'd be a big upgrade over Crowder and even if he has to come off the bench he'd still get starter minutes and close every game for us. I'm sure we could easily move Crowder if we wanted to. I remember hearing that the Jazz had some interest in him after Hayward left so he's probably still on their radar.

I think Favs has to go... love him but for us to add what we need that space is too critical.

Love greatly improves that team. We better hope they don't get him. His rebounding and floor spacing will make them that much more difficult to defend. I like Grant fine, but he's an athlete with average skills not a proven skilled shooting big man.

Played 80 games this year and shot 39% from three... Grant is a really good defender, switchy and long.

The greatest ability is availability... Love's injury woes added to Westbrook's potential aging injuries and PG's shoulder... They would only be able to fill out the roster with minimum dudes so just losing that many rotation guys would really hurt them. Ferguson played like 26 minutes a night for them... I know he's just a 3 and D guy but giving up two rotation players to get even more top heavy is not the route I'd go for them.

Played 80 games this year and shot 39% from three... Grant is a really good defender, switchy and long.

The greatest ability is availability... Love's injury woes added to Westbrook's potential aging injuries and PG's shoulder... They would only be able to fill out the roster with minimum dudes so just losing that many rotation guys would really hurt them. Ferguson played like 26 minutes a night for them... I know he's just a 3 and D guy but giving up two rotation players to get even more top heavy is not the route I'd go for them.

You make good points, but the truth is this - OKC doesn't have assets and their current roster composition does not work. They need another good player who can make a substantial impact. Grant is a very solid player, but they need more. Love would come cheap but might be the guy they need.

Trust me, I don't want it to happen but it makes sense for both sides.

I completely agree but I don't think DL sees it that way...hopefully Zanik will see thing differently.

"Letting Favors go" only makes sense if we get a guy worth paying more than $20 million (Tobias, Kemba, Russell, Randle, etc.). If we can't find that guy, we gotta keep Favors.