What's new

YOUTUBE: Classic Jerry Sloan Confrontations

vslice02

I uploaded some of Sloan's more memorable moments.

Jerry Sloan vs. Rasheed Wallace and Portland refs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arqLwWuwLTU

Jerry Sloan vs. Mark Cuban:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FK_86owOXY

Jerry Sloan vs. Courtney Kirkland:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adSBne0RGXs

Jerry Sloan vs. Jerry Stackhouse:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlUV1hIrr_A

When I get the chance, I'll put together some stuff of technicals & ejections, but enjoy these clips before the NBA takes them down!

That fourth Blazers game...what a screwjob.

I'm still angry about those playoffs, and the rotten schedule (worst ever, and only given to Utah) that led up to them.

great videos man really appreciate them. you are a saint for getting the one where sloan pushes the ref. ive been searching the web for years trying to find that clip. wish he still had that fire

Stockton's injury, general fatigue from the schedule, and having the best record without the favorable playoff seed because of that Spurs debacle (46 FTS?!!!? Really? Really). That season may piss me off as much s the illegal zone defense Finals of 98.

God damn it. You will never see anyone like him ever again.

Deron+Williams.jpg

Stockton's injury, general fatigue from the schedule, and having the best record without the favorable playoff seed because of that Spurs debacle (46 FTS?!!!? Really? Really). That season may piss me off as much s the illegal zone defense Finals of 98.

Don't forget Todd Fuller missing two key free throws in game 3 of the first round series against Sacramento. He makes those, Jazz probably wrap up that series in four, instead of five, and get some extra rest before the Portland series.

****ing Todd Fuller.

Don't allow your unabashed love for one person to become a paranoid-driven hatred of another.

Yeah I know. Rush to judgment.

Like OJ.

There's no way that Deron had anything to do with Sloan leaving.

As for the pic? Sorry I couldn't get a screngrab of Deron's face when talking about Sloan's departure. But rest assured, it didn't look much different.

As for the bold, love and hate are a fine line. It will be interesting to see how much fan reaction Duh-Ron can take; we know how sensitive he can be.

that Sloan hasn't been around much in recent years, although we all love him and will miss him.
I will agree that the intensity and fire of Sloan wasn't there every single night, but 7 days ago in Denver it was. He was up and working the sidelines from the 1st-qtr on, and if you watch during the Bell/Smith flagarant - the first guy Sloan came onto the court to check on was Deron (w/Nene). May not have been the first time, but I still say the stuff involving management after the Chicago game was the breaking point.

Don't want to start up another Deron vs. Sloan argument, though. Just wanted to remember what a tough "son of a gun" he was and how he always had his players' backs.

Yeah I know. Rush to judgment.

Like OJ.

There's no way that Deron had anything to do with Sloan leaving.

As for the pic? Sorry I couldn't get a screngrab of Deron's face when talking about Sloan's departure. But rest assured, it didn't look much different.

As for the bold, love and hate are a fine line. It will be interesting to see how much fan reaction Duh-Ron can take; we know how sensitive he can be.

Look, it's not as if Deron forced out a guy in his prime with a decade ahead of him. Maybe Deron is happy with the change, but I don't believe for a second that the franchise forced Sloan out or left him no other option. Sometimes **** happens, and Sloan's weathered a lot of it. For once, I am buying into what the organization is selling because it makes sense to me and there's nothing substantial to call it into question, and that's that they did butt heads and that decades of that will wear on you.

Greg is not Larry (in fact, I despise him), but Larry's love of Sloan could only be paralleled by Greg's dependence on him.

If Deron is as big of a prick as some people are hell-bent on believing, he'll be gone and we'll truly have a clean slate the likes of which most of us have never seen before. I don't feel warm-fuzzies about the team or it's prospects moving forward, but I only have the choice to try to be optimistic and keep watching or quit. And I tried that this summer already.

Amen.

I will agree that the intensity and fire of Sloan wasn't there every single night, but 7 days ago in Denver it was. He was up and working the sidelines from the 1st-qtr on, and if you watch during the Bell/Smith flagarant - the first guy Sloan came onto the court to check on was Deron (w/Nene). May not have been the first time, but I still say the stuff involving management after the Chicago game was the breaking point.

Don't want to start up another Deron vs. Sloan argument, though. Just wanted to remember what a tough "son of a gun" he was and how he always had his players' backs.

Agreed. And for the record, even if I entertained the derailing, I didn't derail.

But Sloan was an unparalleled badass. He will truly be missed.

Look, it's not as if Deron forced out a guy in his prime with a decade ahead of him. Maybe Deron is happy with the change, but I don't believe for a second that the franchise forced Sloan out or left him no other option.

So it doesn't matter if Deron had something to do with Sloan's departure now, because Sloan was "old".

Then why did you take issue with me in the first place. You seem to not so much care about the outcome, or Deron's actions, but rather can't stand negative reaction to them.

For once, I am buying into what the organization is selling because it makes sense to me and there's nothing substantial to call it into question, and that's that they did butt heads and that decades of that will wear on you.

And I don't buy it. And have explained why.

Yet you feel the need to attack me, inspecifically, again and again for holding these views.

Further, your arguments then become one where Deron is preferable to Sloan; but how does this disagree with my points? Not at all. This happened because management believes this as well, yet you somehow think it absolves him.

There's such a thing as loyalty. Honor. Character.

I don't think Deron has these things. But, hey, he's really talented, so who cares?

I do. If you don't, I fail to see how that's a pox on my house as far as logic or ethics. But whatever.

May not have been the first time, but I still say the stuff involving management after the Chicago game was the breaking point.

I didn't think so at first but after considering this quote by Jerry, maybe:

While in Chicago I had a feeling I was gonna to get fired and did, I got that same feeling again and knew it was my time to go.