What's new

Zach Lowe: Paul George would love to play with Gordon Hayward

I don't know why either team does that.

Sorry... 4th pick would be routed to Chicago for Jimmy Butler.

Still makes no damn sense for the Suns... complete incompetence and impatience.

I wish we had the resources to get Porz. But we don't or at least ones we will trade.

In a dream world we get both Porz and PG. A lineup of Hill/Exum, Hayward, PG, Porz and Gobert! That team beats GS.

I think we do, but it has to take some faith from NY.

We trade:
Favors, Hood, Diaw, #24, #30, and the OKC 2018 pick.
for
Porzingis and Noah

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9h4kshx

But one thing to remember - KP said he probably will play out his contract and look at all options in a couple years. Big risk here...

Not only do they get a bunch of assets, but they also clear off a horrendous contract. Boston won't do that for NY. I bet we would even throw in Lyles.

We trade:
for
Porzingis and Noah

But one thing to remember - KP said he probably will play out his contract and look at all options in a couple years. Big risk here...

Not only do they get a bunch of assets, but they also clear off a horrendous contract. Boston won't do that for NY. I bet we would even throw in Lyles.

If Utah is a legit contender than that speaks for itself on getting players to respond. It is only legit risk if you fail IMO.

We trade:
for
Porzingis and Noah

I'd do all of that in a second... one damn second.

So is it tampering for SA to get their guys to decline player options and then re-sign for less... they are clearly doing so with Gasol and Lee who declined options today.

So is it tampering for SA to get their guys to decline player options and then re-sign for less... they are clearly doing so with Gasol and Lee who declined options today.

No, they are their guys. If they got another teams player to do so it is tampering.

We trade:
for
Porzingis and Noah

He will be a RFA at the end of his contact. And he is not leaving the type of money the NBA offers him for a foreign league. That is little risk for the Jazz. I doubt that package even gets NY on the phone. Unless they are just trying to reload around Melo for some dumb reason. Who knows. Worth the Jazz trying though.

Exum is a bust. Hood is a proven NBA 3 pt threat.
Exum is not a bust and is 3 years younger than Hood. Exum has shown already he is a better driver, better passer and a better defender than Hood. Hood laid an egg in the playoffs shooting threes, I would not call that a proven 3 point threat.

This. ^^^^

Any big moves they make must be weighed on how it will help them match up against the Warriors in the playoffs. I just don't think Kevin Love helps Utah as much as he does Cleveland.
No one matches up against the warriors doe.

My counter argument.

The Jazz are stalled if they don't make a move this year. They're set up to make a big move (young players, extra picks and salary to match contracts), but anything they do involves risk. Their team is basically set up to be a modern version of the 2004 Pistons, but their room to maneuver is limited due to Gobert and Hayward both turning into Max level players. They survived the tanking, asset accumulation, player development and re-loading phases of their roster building. It's time to power load by adding a 3rd star player. . . but again. . . options are limited. Hood, Lyles and draft picks simply don't move the needle the way a guy like Paul George does. One key injury to the Warriors or Cavs (similar to Gobert, Griffin, IT and Kawhi all getting hurt in the playoffs this year) and the Jazz are legit contenders. Not sure if that's enough to get PG to stay, but having Bird rights helps. Jazz could add PG, re-sign Hayward, Hill and Ingles and move enough pieces to be sitting right around the tax threshold. When he was hired, DL said he wanted to make a Reggie White type of acquisition at some point. Getting PG has the potential to be exactly that. This is exactly the moment they should have been planning to jump at since the moment they made that trade with Golden State.

No one matches up against the warriors doe.

Fair enough. I think the answer to matching up with any of the top teams in the league is to put together the best defense in the NBA with enough offensive punch to win at a high level. Keep your depth and flexibility to matchup and there's no reason that you can't at least compete. The Jazz need stars. I personally think PG is a better fit than Kevin Love. My focus is being able to compete in the playoffs when teams get smaller and more athletic. Plus, I'd rather add an All NBA defender to my best defense in the league than a guy who has traditionally been a liability.

I'd do either deal... I just don't believe in going after one team. If we decided to shoot our wad this season on PG then go for it. Prepare for a reset though if it doesn't work.

The counter is if we do nothing and lose Hayward we need to reset anyway. Why not give it one hell of a year before pushing the button.

I'd do either deal... I just don't believe in going after one team. If we decided to shoot our wad this season on PG then go for it. Prepare for a reset though if it doesn't work.

The counter is if we do nothing and lose Hayward we need to reset anyway. Why not give it one hell of a year before pushing the button.
This. ^^^^

Rep worthy.

I'd much rather go down fighting than sit on my hands. Go make the deal.

http://www.nba.com/2013/history/05/17/2004-pistons-win-championship/

Rudy Gobert, Derrick Favors, Gordon Hayward, Paul George, George Hill and Joe Jesus

Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallace, Tayshaun Prince, Rip Hamilton and Chauncey Billups

This. ^^^^

Rep worthy.

I'd much rather go down fighting than sit on my hands. Go make the deal.

http://www.nba.com/2013/history/05/17/2004-pistons-win-championship/

Rudy Gobert, Derrick Favors, Gordon Hayward, Paul George, George Hill and Joe Jesus

Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallace, Tayshaun Prince, Rip Hamilton and Chauncey Billups

It'd be a fun season... though I'd probably put Favs in the deal. I also don't value Hood as much as some others. He's a fine player, but I think he won't ever be a whole lot more than he is currently and think he will get PAID. He's a fantastic value now, but is somewhat replaceable.