What's new

Zimmerman/Martin Jury

There were 500 people murdered in Chicago last year and I'm pretty sure not all of them were black.

But let's not let the facts get in the way of a brisk witticism from Ted Nugent.

Thank goodness you clarified. This changes everything.

Saw a video by O'Reilly (yes, that one. Relax) where he talks about the black on black crime. The problem, as he sees it, behind that and the causes of that problem. Talks about the destruction of the black fmaily, high unwed birthrate, glorification thru hiphop and rap of the street life. Interesting to watch. Even more interesting have been the responses. They do not address the points O'Reilly brings up (right or wrong) but attack him and question how he is qualified to speak on the black community.

Saw a video by O'Reilly (yes, that one. Relax) where he talks about the black on black crime. The problem, as he sees it, behind that and the causes of that problem. Talks about the destruction of the black fmaily, high unwed birthrate, glorification thru hiphop and rap of the street life. Interesting to watch. Even more interesting have been the responses. They do not address the points O'Reilly brings up (right or wrong) but attack him and question how he is qualified to speak on the black community.

Blacks had stronger families than whites before the great manufacturing jobs migration that started in the 1960's, with racism keeping blacks from following the jobs (and in Detroit by walling them off inside ghettos). The O'Reilly types will never get the "destruction of the black fmaily" is a jobs issue, not a racial issue. This will happen to every community that gets stuck in the ruts by outside forces as life passes them by.

O'Reilly might bemoan it, but he has no solutions to offer outside his self-righteous Christian preachings.

And George Zimmerman changed his name to Mr. Ben Ghazi so the White House and mainstream media would never bring him up again.

Blacks had stronger families than whites before the great manufacturing jobs migration that started in the 1960's, with racism keeping blacks from following the jobs (and in Detroit by walling them off inside ghettos). The O'Reilly types will never get the "destruction of the black fmaily" is a jobs issue, not a racial issue. This will happen to every community that gets stuck in the ruts by outside forces as life passes them by.

O'Reilly might bemoan it, but he has no solutions to offer outside his self-righteous Christian preachings.

That's fine. But at least he is trying to address the problem. I see it as more than a jobs issue. I think education plays just as big of a role.

I find the whole thing about black people killing other black people to be pretty weak sauce, but based on the point being made it's pretty ugly.

Here's another way to put it. People typically kill other people who are in relative close proximity to them. People in poor, urban, high crime areas kill each other more often than people in wealthy, suburban or rural, low crime areas do. Black people tend to live in those poor, urban, high crime areas more than are white people do.

But saying it that way doesn't make black people seem as much like animals as just saying black people kill other black people all the time and no one cares.

That's fine. But at least he is trying to address the problem. I see it as more than a jobs issue. I think education plays just as big of a role.

Also, those attakcing him are not taking it in that direction. They are attackin O'Reilly himself instead of correcting him. O'Reilly gave them a golden opportunity to get serious about the issues and start a real dialogue. The ran from that as fast as they could becuase it does not suit them.

Education is a symptom of the underlying problem. We also know we can't fix the issues by trying to fix education. We've thrown billions at it in places like D.C. and it does not work.

The start of it all was jobs migrating out of big cities and you won't fix anything until jobs come back. Without them, there are no role models, no incentive for kids to stay in school, loss of social capital as the few who do make it leave a.s.a.p., no non-black market entrepreneurs, wage pressure on the already low wages as migrant workers displace natives... and probably worst of all, the lack of suitable males because so many end up in prison or dead has created an environment where men can have their pick and have no reason to settle down. So they got baby mommas instead.

Frankly, it would be cheaper to subsidize businesses that would otherwise not be competitive (donate land, etc.) than to throw money at schooling, pay welfare, and house all the criminals for life. But we can't do things like this in America.

I find the whole thing about black people killing other black people to be pretty weak sauce, but based on the point being made it's pretty ugly.

Here's another way to put it. People typically kill other people who are in relative close proximity to them. People in poor, urban, high crime areas kill each other more often than people in wealthy, suburban or rural, low crime areas do. Black people tend to live in those poor, urban, high crime areas more than are white people do.

But saying it that way doesn't make black people seem as much like animals as just saying black people kill other black people all the time and no one cares.

This message is brought to you by Gyp.

White people make up the far majority of those at/below poverty level in this county.
https://kff.org/other/state-indicator/poverty-rate-by-raceethnicity/

Yet, the rate at which blacks murder others, and usually other blacks, is absurdly disproportionate.

Care to try again? Are you also a Ty apologist?

Education is a symptom of the underlying problem. We also know we can't fix the issues by trying to fix education. We've thrown billions at it in places like D.C. and it does not work.

The start of it all was jobs migrating out of big cities and you won't fix anything until jobs come back. Without them, there are no role models, no incentive for kids to stay in school, loss of social capital as the few who do make it leave a.s.a.p., no non-black market entrepreneurs, wage pressure on the already low wages as migrant workers displace natives... and probably worst of all, the lack of suitable males because so many end up in prison or dead has created an environment where men can have their pick and have no reason to settle down. So they got baby mommas instead.

Frankly, it would be cheaper to subsidize businesses that would otherwise not be competitive (donate land, etc.) than to throw money at schooling, pay welfare, and house all the criminals for life. But we can't do things like this in America.

Blindly throwing money at education is not a serious attemp to fix it.

O'reilly makes a good point about stopping the glorification of that life style. I am fine with trying something like the business subsidy you are talking about.

Fair enough. But when people are saying things like it's "open season on black males" is it not a fair statement to make? If it is truly a problem (it is) why not address the area of greatest harm in addition to smaller areas?

Fair enough. But when people are saying things like it's "open season on black males" is it not a fair statement to make? If it is truly a problem (it is) why not address the area of greatest harm in addition to smaller areas?

I wouldn't counter meaningless nonsense with additional meaningless nonsense.

The whole blaming it on hip-hop thing is nonsense. This **** was going on before black people started rapping.

And I understand the whole having a gun thing to protect you and your home, but who the **** takes it out and patrols their neighborhood like some kind of wanna-be cop? That is why somebody died. Worst case if he doesn't have a gun on him is that one of them gets their *** beat. If you want to patrol your neighborhood and ask the sketchy looking black what he is doing, do it from your car like a smart person who is scared of black people.

The whole thing that annoys me about this thing is that black people are crying about injustice like Zimmerman should get the death penalty, and white people are crying like Zimmerman did nothing wrong. Zimmerman is a monster tard for even being in that situation. Impossible to know all the details that caused the confrontation when you only have two people there and one of them is dead. I would have given Zimmerman some years in jail just for being a dumbass.

And I understand the whole having a gun thing to protect you and your home, but who the **** takes it out and patrols their neighborhood like some kind of wanna-be cop? That is why somebody died. Worst case if he doesn't have a gun on him is that one of them gets their *** beat. If you want to patrol your neighborhood and ask the sketchy looking black what he is doing, do it from your car like a smart person who is scared of black people.

The whole thing that annoys me about this thing is that black people are crying about injustice like Zimmerman should get the death penalty, and white people are crying like Zimmerman did nothing wrong. Zimmerman is a monster tard for even being in that situation. Impossible to know all the details that caused the confrontation when you only have two people there and one of them is dead. I would have given Zimmerman some years in jail just for being a dumbass.

There are many many people who have a concealed carry permit and who carry at all times. It's not some weird thing Zimmerman did. Had he not there is a possibility he would have been severely injured or killed, assuming you believe his side of the story of course. The jury did.

I wouldn't counter meaningless nonsense with additional meaningless nonsense.

I see what O'reilly said as a much more meaningful and honest attempt to get to the root causes than anything that is being said by his opposition. I get the point you are making and it is a legit one.