What's new

So glad we don’t have to deal with this anymore ……

I'm glad he's gone too. But to be fair, I think this is just a guy's opinion, and not Mitchell himself spreading rumors or creating drama.

Oh but we still do get to deal with it... kinda... in that they make short term signings that may look rough to be all-in... and when he still doesn't extend and they take .50 on the dollar we get to benefit.

Depending on how this plays out and how Edwards develops with Minny.... the Cleveland picks could very well be more juicy than the Minny picks.

I know almost nobody will agree with me, but I lowkey believe the Cavs made an even worse trade than the Wolves did.
Because they can recycle Donovan I don't think they did. They won't get what they spent but I bet they could get much more than Wolves could get for Rudy. I think the Wolves are likely to trade KAT and the Rudy deal was made with that in mind.

Time will tell though.

Because they can recycle Donovan I don't think they did. They won't get what they spent but I bet they could get much more than Wolves could get for Rudy. I think the Wolves are likely to trade KAT and the Rudy deal was made with that in mind.

Time will tell though.
Part of it is also that I still believe the Wolves have a viable path toward contention with Rudy whereas I think the Cavs with Mitchell have a low ceiling at this point.

I know almost nobody will agree with me, but I lowkey believe the Cavs made an even worse trade than the Wolves did.

I think a lot will agree with you. Lauri, Sexton and Ochai is a pretty sweet haul without the picks. If Sexton does what I think he will do this year which is 20pts, 6asts and 4rbs on great shooting percentages then it will be hard to argue with your opinion. It will be fun to see how the trade battle sets up over the next few years as we see more and more of the trade chips are put to work.
So far we haven't used any of the cavs assets while making a bunch of moves with the assets and flexibility created from Gobert.

Lauri
Sexton
Ochai
Cle 2025 1st
Cle 2026 swap
Cle 2027 1st
Cle 2028 swap
Cle 2029 1st

vs.

Kessler
THT- Acquired for Beverly
Keyonte
John Collins- acquired with some of the capspace created by moving Beasley and Vandy
2025 Minny 1st
2026 Minny swap
2027 Minny 1st
2027 Lakers 1st Top 4 protected - Partially acquired with Gobert trade assets
2029 Minny 1st Top 5 protected

Part of it is also that I still believe the Wolves have a viable path toward contention with Rudy whereas I think the Cavs with Mitchell have a low ceiling at this point.
I'm still very high on both teams for this upcoming year. I think the cavs will be a top 3 seed in the east and the wolves will a top 4 seed in the west.

The only shot the Cavs have at getting a return even approaching legit would be to play the Nets and Knicks off of each other.

A lot of it depends on Mobley. His second year he didn't show the development needed on offense. I think Don and Ant are similar offensive engines right now. If Ant takes a step and Rudy hangs on to his prime I think they have an easier route to potential contention. Minny's wings are solid... would also be nice if they hit a homerun on a KAT trade. I think Cleveland is boxed in a bit... if Don committed they could crush it in a Garland deal but kinda have to stick with the small backcourt cuz if Don bails then Garland is beyond critical.

Both teams pushed in at weird times with weird moves... glad we benefitted.