What's new

2011 draft.....

If the Jazz can land Irving and dump Al for a legit wing player, it could be very fun watching Kyrie, Millsap and Favors run the floor.

This. Draft Honeycutt with our second 1st rounder too.

Trade AJ and Bell for Wallace and Mohammed's expiring.

I like Kyrie a lot, but is he supposed to rehab from his injury back to what he was? Is it a career-nagging injury? I just don't know enough about it. Plus if he comes out, which is no guaratnee, we will be drafting someone who hasn't played in a year and his last time playing competitively was in high school. Big risk imo. We'll see though

He hurt his toe, not a bug injury, but his dad and Coach K don't want him to rush back so he hurts it worse. But Irving is legit, he was by far the best player on that Duke team. Nolan Smith, a senior who is playing very well btw, goes to Irving for advice on how to play PG. Coach K (I call him this cause I can't spell his name) tailored Duke's offense around a freshman PG so I think you can safely assume he's very very good. And if we go near Harrison Barnes I'll be pissed. He's slow laterally and can't create off the dribble. Very overrated imo. Same with Kyle Singler. If we draft Singler I'm done as a Jazz fan.

He hurt his toe, not a bug injury, but his dad and Coach K don't want him to rush back so he hurts it worse. But Irving is legit, he was by far the best player on that Duke team. Nolan Smith, a senior who is playing very well btw, goes to Irving for advice on how to play PG. Coach K (I call him this cause I can't spell his name) tailored Duke's offense around a freshman PG so I think you can safely assume he's very very good. And if we go near Harrison Barnes I'll be pissed. He's slow laterally and can't create off the dribble. Very overrated imo. Same with Kyle Singler. If we draft Singler I'm done as a Jazz fan.

Dont worry we are not taking Singler with a high lottery pick.

Now that we are going to be participants......who's good? Who should we be looking at? Who have you guys seen? I've been slacking on my college basketball viewing this year, but I have seen enough of Derrick Williams at Arizona to know that he would be worth picking. He's a 4 though. Kemba Walker seems to get a lot of hype. I just became a lot more interested in this class. Youtube time.

Who are the best SG's in this year's draft?

There don't seem to be any projected as lottery picks.

Yeah, kinda depressing. I just looked over draftexpress's mock draft and the first dude is some guy named Alec Burks from Colorado. Ummm, no thanks. However, we could trade our assets for some needed experienced SG's in the NBA. This is very exciting to me.

Looks like there are a few guys who could play the 3 (stretch 4s) projected to go high lottery: Derrick Williams, Perry Jones, Harrison Barnes, Terrence Jones. Since I have never watched any of these guys play, I have nothing more to add.

Harrison Barnes if he comes out

LOL. Dude....Harrison Barnes can't even play the 2 in college. There's not a chance in hell that he plays it in the NBA. Watch him play, he can't create off the dribble, he moves slow laterally. If he goes top 10, he's a huge bust. Don't listen to the hype and actually watch him play. He's a smooth player that is very average at everything. Gordon Hayward is better than Harrison Barnes.

Oh great so Jimmer really is the best player in the upcoming draft? Great trade an all-star PG for a lottery pick in a draft shallower than Alabama's gene pool.

Looks like there are a few guys who could play the 3 (stretch 4s) projected to go high lottery: Derrick Williams, Perry Jones, Harrison Barnes, Terrence Jones. Since I have never watched any of these guys play, I have nothing more to add.

I haven't seen Jones much at Baylor but from the highlight videos I've seen of him (insert joke here), he reminds me more of McGrady, and not a 4 at all. FWIW.

Too bad the draft wasnt today cause NBAdraft.com has the Nets taking Harrison Barnes. He would be the perfect player for the Jazz. I like Barnes, Honeycutt and Terrance Jones

Knowing our luck NJ will become good and we wont have a top 10 pick

Too bad the draft wasnt today cause NBAdraft.com has the Nets taking Harrison Barnes. He would be the perfect player for the Jazz. I like Barnes, Honeycutt and Terrance Jones

Knowing our luck NJ will become good and we wont have a top 10 pick

Here's to Dwill having more injury problems this year.

Yay we get to do this all over again. Start up the NJ watch thread. Maybe this year the luck will be on our side (top 3 pick).