What's new

2015 NBA Draft Combine (May 12-17)

Devin Booker just registered 5th fastest lane agility time in the history of the combine and No. 1 this year. He also tested at 34.5'' at the max vertical.
Man, Booker. I wish he'd been able to play a bigger role on that UK team. I really like what I've seen of him. Always thought he was an underrated athlete.

Man, Booker. I wish he'd been able to play a bigger role on that UK team. I really like what I've seen of him. Always thought he was an underrated athlete.

He's not a great vertical athlete. Kind of similar to Exum, but he seems to have great quickness. I think he had good enough year in UK having in mind the platoon system they ran.

Tony Jones @Tjonessltrib
Jazz braintrust in Chicago: Dennis Lindsey, Justin Zanik, Quin Snyder, Jerry Sloan, Walt Perrin, Kevin O'Connor

Tony Jones @Tjonessltrib
Bobby Portis said he doesn't play with a chip on his shoulder. He plays with a boulder

Tony Jones @Tjonessltrib
Arkansas F Bobby Portis with the line of the day: In 18-19 years, I want people to look back and say I was the best player in this draft

I really like Portis. If he can shoot it, i will really really like portis.

CFEgUCgVIAAwrAa.jpg:large

Damn, Patt Connaugton (?) just had a great pump fake step-back 3 pointer.

Yah, he shot really well in the first half, too... I didn't think he'd be picked before the combine, but he's really helping his case both in the tests and in the 5-on-5 games. Shows he has a true NBA skill - shooting.

BTW Connaughton was drafted by the Baltimore Orioles in the last year's MLB draft, too..

Tony Jones @Tjonessltrib
Jazz braintrust in Chicago: Dennis Lindsey, Justin Zanik, Quin Snyder, Jerry Sloan, Walt Perrin, Kevin O'Connor

Tony Jones @Tjonessltrib
Bobby Portis said he doesn't play with a chip on his shoulder. He plays with a boulder

Tony Jones @Tjonessltrib
Arkansas F Bobby Portis with the line of the day: In 18-19 years, I want people to look back and say I was the best player in this draft

I really like Portis. If he can shoot it, i will really really like portis.

He certainly seems to have the attitude that is starting to shine thru in Utah.

Based on Tony Jones tweets I believe we will draft everybody... this time of year is kinda fun.

Devin Booker just registered 5th fastest lane agility time in the history of the combine and No. 1 this year. He also tested at (not great) 34.5'' at the max vertical.

Lane agility shows he could be pretty good at defense yet.
Don't cate about his vert, that's not part of his game.

Lane agility shows he could be pretty good at defense yet.
Don't cate about his vert, that's not part of his game.

I don't see the situation where he is a bust... I think he could be a rich man's JJ. I don't think he's Klay though. JJ used to be a terrible defender but he became a pretty effective positional type defender. Not a shut down guy but doesn't give up too much on that end.