What's new

2015 NBA Draft Combine (May 12-17)

Jordan Mickey had a ridiculous 8 blocks in 29 minutes during game 2. He was one of my favorite SEC players. I wouldn't mind taking him in the 2nd round. Could be our Sloan-era Millsap.

Jordan Mickey had a ridiculous 8 blocks in 29 minutes during game 2. He was one of my favorite SEC players. I wouldn't mind taking him in the 2nd round. Could be our Sloan-era Millsap.

I thought that was Trevor Booker now.

White boy got ups.

I'm a little skeptical. At 6-5 in shoes, he had a respectable wingspan (6'8.75"), but a Bryce Cotton-like standing reach (8'0"). Makes you wonder if he was gaming the standing reach to show higher leaping or mis-measured somehow. But he showed out well apparently in the other athletic testing, and even if you subtracted 5", that's still a nice jump.

Connaughton was also number 5 in total 3-pointers made of DX's top 100 prospects this past season, with a higher % (42.3) than anyone else in the top 5. He led the Irish in rebounding as an undersized, playing-out-of position PF. He has good strength and a reputation for a great motor defensively (don't really know about his defensive skills), as well as elite leadership. Haven't really seen a good evaluation of his other offensive skills.

He's also a minor league pitcher in the Orioles organization and will apparently give the NBA (but not Europe or the D-League) priority over baseball if a team decides to give him a legit NBA shot/spot. Apparently the Spurs worked him out last week. Hope the Jazz give him a look. Sounds like some 3&D/role player potential.

I thought that was Trevor Booker now.

Dude has extremely good timing on his blocks (like elite level) and is still pretty young. If he was 2'' taller, he'd probably be a first round pick. If he develops that mid-range jumper, he will be a pretty good backup.

I'm a little skeptical. At 6-5 in shoes, he had a respectable wingspan (6'8.75"), but a Bryce Cotton-like standing reach (8'0"). Makes you wonder if he was gaming the standing reach to show higher leaping or mis-measured somehow. But he showed out well apparently in the other athletic testing, and even if you subtracted 5", that's still a nice jump.

Connaughton was also number 5 in total 3-pointers made of DX's top 100 prospects this past season, with a higher % (42.3) than anyone else in the top 5. He led the Irish in rebounding as an undersized, playing-out-of position PF. He has good strength and a reputation for a great motor defensively (don't really know about his defensive skills), as well as elite leadership. Haven't really seen a good evaluation of his other offensive skills.

He's also a minor league pitcher in the Orioles organization and will apparently give the NBA (but not Europe or the D-League) priority over baseball if a team decides to give him a legit NBA shot/spot. Apparently the Spurs worked him out last week. Hope the Jazz give him a look. Sounds like some 3&D/role player potential.

I read somewhere that a few NBA teams really liked him. I'm not advocating drafting him, but dude was a beast vs. Kentucky. I just had no idea he was that athletic. Too bad he has such a small standing reach. That must be why he doesn't really have that many spectacular dunks even though he has an amazing vertical.

Crazy thing is that he measured with a 10% body fat, which is pretty high for an athlete. If he could drop his fat weight by 5 pounds he could probably gain another couple of inches.

I don't know how that standing reach is real though. He measured with a 8'3.5 at Portsmouth. I'm 6'3 in shoes and have a 6'6 wingspan and I have a 8'2 standing reach. A dude with his height and wingspan usually hits at least 8'4.

Tyler Harvey is in one of the teams about to play.

Damn, I hate watching the Harrisons play...

Yeah, Harvey looked awful. Probably hurt his stock a little bit. He was a chucker and a chucker that couldn't get many great looks.

Andrew Harrison looked good though. He could actually be a steal in the 2nd round as much as it hurts me to say. He could be a good backup PG with his size if he develops his scoring acumen.

Yeah, Harvey looked awful. Probably hurt his stock a little bit. He was a chucker and a chucker that couldn't get many great looks.

Andrew Harrison looked good though. He could actually be a steal in the 2nd round as much as it hurts me to say. He could be a good backup PG with his size if he develops his scoring acumen.
I wanted to like Harvey but he looked terrible yesterday. I hope he turns it around today.

Tony Jones: Notre Dame guard Jerian Grant interviewed with the Utah Jazz. Grant is intriguing because he can play both guard spots Twitter @Tjonessltrib

Tony Jones: Jazz can only meet with so many prospects. Didn't get Kaminski or Kelly Oubre. Want to bring both in for individual workout. So not meeting with Kaminsky isn't a measuring stick on interest for the Jazz Twitter @Tjonessltrib

Tony Jones: Point guard the Jazz have interest in: Murray State's Cameron Payne. Expect him to come in for an individual workout Twitter @Tjonessltrib

Tony Jones: Utah guard Delon Wright did not interview with the Utah Jazz. Twitter @Tjonessltrib

Tony Jones: Arizona star forward Stanley Johnson plans to meet with the Utah Jazz tomorrow. Johnson is a projected high lottery pick Twitter @Tjonessltrib

Tony Jones: UNLV forward Christian Wood has met with the Utah Jazz. Wood is projected as a late lottery pick/mid first round selection Twitter @Tjonessltrib

Tony Jones: Syracuse forward Chris Mccullough has met with the Utah Jazz. His projection is a bit murky because of an ACL injury Twitter @Tjonessltrib

Tony Jones putting in some work for us desperate for news.

Devin Booker just registered 5th fastest lane agility time in the history of the combine and No. 1 this year. He also tested at (not great) 34.5'' at the max vertical.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind sending Exum and the first and some other picks or Burks for Russell. Those wingspan numbers are very tempting.

Oubre and RHJ are freaks.
I would do this too.
The other team wouldn't

I don't get it, every year people complain and every year ESPN just shows the announcers talking while action is going on.