What's new

2015 NBA Draft Combine (May 12-17)

Aaron Harrison took 15 shots to score 15 points in a scrimmage :cool:

The Harrisons didn't look like twins in this year's combine. Andrew might have helped his stock a lot while Aaron might have chucked his way out of the top 60...

A while ago I wrote that I would draft Rakeem Christmas in the second... I think that might not be an option anymore - he might have played his way into the late first round in the scrimmages... I love his game, his measurements... almost everything... the biggest knock on him right now is his age.

Oubre records 37'' max vertical.
Tyler Harvey not doing well... shooting a ton of fade aways... and nothing's dropping

With Oubre it's a combination of length + quickness + instincts + vert + shooting.

I just think he's going to be a player. Too prototypical to fail.

He certainly seems to have the attitude that is starting to shine thru in Utah.

I still like Portis ahead of Lyles. The difference is the ability to cover out on the floor. Lyles gets blown by.

Portis needs to get stronger and finish inside more. He has good shooting touch in the hand and wrist, but his motion is inconsistent. The potential is there if he works on it. Love the attitude.

Bird probably would have shot well at the combine

Based on reports so far there will be a good selection of very good players at the #12 pick.
Jazz should keep this pick unless a terrific offer is made.
Seems like this is a deeper draft than expected also.
Good prospects will still be available at #42 and maybe even at #54.
Can't wait for draft. :D

I really like that Sloan is still part of the brain trust!!!

Tony Jones: UCLA forward Kevon Looney has met with the Jazz, I'm told. Is also expected to come to SLC for an individual workout Twitter @Tjonessltrib

Tony Jones: Kevon Looney on his visit: "I got to shake hands with Jerry Sloan. I grew up watching him on TV" Twitter @Tjonessltrib