What's new

2015 NBA Draft Lottery

Broughs, what do you do when you're wrong and can't admit it? Answer: pretend you were trolling. See above.

That must be what it is. No other possible explanation. I can't possibly be messing with YOU.

Your self assurance that you are always right is also entertaining. Also good to know that a differing opinion than yours is "wrong".

Still don't want DL to do a salary dump trade.

That must be what it is. No other possible explanation. I can't possibly be messing with YOU.

Your self assurance that you are always right is also entertaining. Also good to know that a differing opinion than yours is "wrong".

Still don't want DL to do a salary dump trade.

So you were purposefully trolling?

So you were purposefully trolling?

I was having fun at your condescendingly rude attitude if that is what you mean.

For one who is such a stickler as you appear to be about explaining yourself I expected more.

Edit: But how a bit of a move back to topic.

Are there any specific salary dumps trades that you had in mind when you mentioned there might be ones that would move the Jazz towards the playoffs?

I was having fun at your condescendingly rude attitude if that is what you mean.

For one who is such a stickler as you appear to be about explaining yourself I expected more.

Edit: But how a bit of a move back to topic.

Are there any specific salary dumps trades that you had in mind when you mentioned there might be ones that would move the Jazz towards the playoffs?

EDIT: never mind. I got autocorrected. I tried to mention David Lee plus a pick. David Lee could really help the bench production. If he could average about 14 or 15 ppg, then we'd certainly be a step closer to the playoffs.

EDIT: never mind. I got autocorrected. I tried to mention David Lee plus a pick. David Lee could really help the bench production. If he could average about 14 or 15 ppg, then we'd certainly be a step closer to the playoffs.

^I'm not saying I support that deal. But it is an example.

I already mentioned one. Not surprised you missed it, because you obviously weren't reading my posts very carefully.

EDIT: never mind. I got autocorrected. I tried to mention David Lee plus a pick.

David Lee is trash. How does that get the Jazz closer to the playoffs? He is showing an increasing fragileness and is clearly on the down swing.

Seems like another Beidrins move. Also that would impact Bookers minutes and Booker is better for this team than Lee.

Edit: saw your post. Why would you not support it?

David Lee is trash. How does that get the Jazz closer to the playoffs? He is showing an increasing fragileness and is clearly on the down swing.

Seems like another Beidrins move. Also that would impact Bookers minutes and Booker is better for this team than Lee.

He is a year removed from averaging a pretty efficient 18 ppg. He isn't really trash. He cant play much defense, but he is good offensively.

Like Cy said, he's not trash. It isn't out of the realm of possibility that he could average 15ppg for us off the bench. And he gets his offense in ways that neither Favors nor Gobert can get theirs.

I'm not supporting it right now for three reasons:
1. For me, next year isn't "playoffs or die," and this move reeks of that.
2. I think there might be better deals out there.
3. If we draft a big, then I have no interest.

If Lee is averaging 15, he's giving up at least that much on defense. I'd rather try to get McRoberts from Miami somehow. Riley is always trying to trade picks, maybe we could work something out.

If Lee is averaging 15, he's giving up at least that much on defense. I'd rather try to get McRoberts from Miami somehow. Riley is always trying to trade picks, maybe we could work something out.

Isn't mcroberts the stretch four that shot Charlotte into the playoffs two years ago? I like the idea, not sure what Miami has planned, but I like the idea.

Yeah we had discussed McBob and 10 for 12 and Book... Not sure if they'd like to get out of luxury tax or if they feel like he will be an assets going forward for them.

With regards to Lee, he is 32... He is about to take a sharp decline... No thx.

My hope is still (as it has been for some time now) that the Jazz target Sacramento, Denver, Detroit and Charlotte for a medium sized jump up into the 2nd tier and end up with one of Hezonja, Johnson or Porzingis. Between 12, Burke, future pick(s) and cap relief. . . I have to believe that DL can make it happen if he wants to.

I just see those guys as a clear jump up in talent over Kaminsky, Oubre, Booker, Lyles, Turner and Looney. Use their current lottery position to go after a guy with star potential, and then focus on hording assets to make a big run at a game-changer at the 2016 trade deadline or 2017 offseason. Should have a good idea of where this team sits by that point.

Agree re Lee. Against HOU the other day Lee had a +/1 of -7. There is a reason why Kerr only played him 4 minutes.

Thanks but no thanks to David Lee.

Again, I'm not advocating for Lee, but if he played here, he'd be alongside either Rudy or Favors.

Rudy and Favors >> Bogut and Ezeli and Speights.

and yet...

Rudy > Bogut

(nowhere in that comparison have I claimed that Bogut isn't a good defender)