What's new

2015 NBA Draft Lottery

I really hope not. I hope that they get players that will push and help the core that we have. Time for endless asset accumulation has passed. Time to push for the playoffs.

I know that is the popular sentiment, but i think the roster is still too flawed or unknown. Is Exum going to grow? Can Burke evolve? Can Burks assimilate back in? Can favors and Gobert coexist for long stretches? Can a team make it to the playoffs with GTime as the main man?

If they go all in pursuing the playoffs without knowing the answer to these questions they could very well burn through all their assets and still end up picking 12th again.

I know that is the popular sentiment, but i think the roster is still too flawed or unknown. Is Exum going to grow? Can Burke evolve? Can Burks assimilate back in? Can favors and Gobert coexist for long stretches? Can a team make it to the playoffs with GTime as the main man?

If they go all in pursuing the playoffs without knowing the answer to these questions they could very well burn through all their assets and still end up picking 12th again.

repped.

I think we should all be O_O at what's happened to the Grizzlies the past 4 years. You gotta be able to spread the floor and score in bunches. We've got waaaay more questions than answers in that department right now with Exum, Burke, Burks, Millsap, Jingles, etc. The emergence of Hood really helps us... and I'm very hopeful about Burks. But we absolutely need another heat-check guy who is also a defender.

They don't necessarily have to go all in on the playoffs but I do not want to go all in on assets accumulation another year either. I want a middle road. Perhaps a back up PG that can hit the 3 as part of a trade that includes picks or foreign players.

I just don't want another year of all out tanking. Jazz have moved past that point imo. The Jazz can start to make trades to find pieces that we clearly are missing.

Either way it will be interesting to see what DL does.

"CAP-RELIEF TYPE OF DEAL" does not equal "ALL OUT TANKING"

Duh.

The jazz have already moved beyond the tank.

"CAP-RELIEF TYPE OF DEAL" does not equal "ALL OUT TANKING"

Duh.

The jazz have already moved beyond the tank.

I was not allowed the benefit of a middle road approach so why should you be allowed one?

This is Jazzfanz, all comments must be taken as an extreme. As this thread has proven.

We need more depth. If something happened to Rudy for an extended period we would be up the creek next season.

I agree. Center and PG specifically imo.

The wings will be ok if Inlges and Millsap are brought back. I want to see Hayward, Hood, Burks, Ingles and Millsap grow as a grouping for another year.

To me Burke is the odd man out now and the most likely to be traded. PG and C are positions of biggest need imo.

I was not allowed the benefit of a middle road approach so why should you be allowed one?

This is Jazzfanz, all comments must be taken as an extreme. As this thread has proven.

wtf are you talking about?

You have a hard time seing fine distinctions sometimes.

Surprising.

It's more likely that you have a hard time expressing yourself clearly. There's a record of what you've written, and I've just reviewed it. You're the one flailing on your own bad distinction.

EDITED: If the Warriors offered an unprotected pick with David Lee. That's an example of a cap-relief deal that also helps us move toward the playoffs.

Last edited:
It's more likely that you have a hard time expressing yourself clearly. There's a record of what you've written, and I've just reviewed it. You're the one flailing on your own bad distinction.

If the Warriors offered an unprotovide some good leadership. That's an example of a cap-relief deal that also helps us move toward the playoffs.

Jumping to a condescending approach, fantastic but hardly surprising. Good thing I have a coke here to wash it all down.

Glad you reviewed it and made the same mistake again. At least you are consistent.

Jumping to a condescending approach, fantastic but hardly surprising. Good thing I have a coke here to wash it all down.

Glad you reviewed it and made the same mistake again. At least you are consistent.

^doubling-down when you've got a bad hand... hardly surprising.

Lindsey really doing a good job of sending mixed messages about possible actions while staying fastened to long term goals and core values. I like him.

My gut feel is the Jazz draft 12, and offer cap relief for assets--GS has both assets and extra salary. I hope they come up just short of the title so it tempts them to bulk up for the next season.

Lindsey's recent introduction of "taking care of the ball" as a talking point has me wondering what action he has planned.

I really hope not. I hope that they get players that will push and help the core that we have. Time for endless asset accumulation has passed. Time to push for the playoffs.

They don't necessarily have to go all in on the playoffs but I do not want to go all in on assets accumulation another year either. I want a middle road. Perhaps a back up PG that can hit the 3 as part of a trade that includes picks or foreign players.

I just don't want another year of all out tanking. Jazz have moved past that point imo. The Jazz can start to make trades to find pieces that we clearly are missing.

Either way it will be interesting to see what DL does.

it's ToTAlLy oBvIOus that mellow was advocating for an "all out tank". I'm glad that Stoked caught this.

BTW, the "all in" or "all out" verbiage is YOURS, bro.

it's ToTAlLy oBvIOus that mellow was advocating for an "all out tank". I'm glad that Stoked caught this.

BTW, the "all in" or "all out" verbiage is YOURS, bro.

lol, called it. Thank you for being so consistent.

The same process is YOURS.

I think I'm done here.

lol, called it. Thank you for being so consistent.

The same process is YOURS.

I think I'm done here.

^impressive triple-down, bro.

please, pls, show me where someone advocated for something that wasn't a "middle-ground approach."

Wow, I hit the tripple crown this morning. I caused or got in the middle of a fight with a client, a family member and two random screen names that represent real people. All before 10:30.

Excuse me while I go lay down in the street.

Wow, I hit the tripple crown this morning. I caused or got in the middle of a fight with a client, a family member and two random screen names that represent real people. All before 10:30.

you deserve to get run over by a tank, bro. ...Mainly because you advocated for a tank.

Haha

Not really. Just me passing a few minutes at NAOS expense. Unlike others opinions here he amuses me.

Haha

Not really. Just me passing a few minutes at NAOS expense. Unlike others opinions here he amuses me.

Broughs, what do you do when you're wrong and can't admit it? Answer: pretend you were trolling. See above.