What's new

2016-17 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD

You got to worry on some level about Hayward going to Boston. That team's offense is so deadly, and that's without a reliable 2nd perimeter playmaker. IT is a modern day, and probably better, version of AI. I still think Hayward stays because I think he wants to be a primary #1 option, but I cant say I''m 100% confident.

You got to worry on some level about Hayward going to Boston. That team's offense is so deadly, and that's without a reliable 2nd perimeter playmaker. IT is a modern day, and probably better, version of AI. I still think Hayward stays because I think he wants to be a primary #1 option, but I cant say I''m 100% confident.
You have really changed your tune about Isaiah Thomas.

Not really. He is still going to get exposed once he plays a top tier team like the Cavs

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app
Ya I just remember pulling up stats and comparing him with Hayward last year and you acted like those two should never even be in the same discussion. Like Hayward is way better. It wasn't just you either. Just the tip/hantlers and a few others were telling me the same thing.

I thought he limits any team he's leading, and whoever pays him will regret it?

Scary thought. Wizards blowing that game against BOS yesterday didn't help.

What if we got swept and BOS goes on to have a competitive series against Cleveland while Hayward is sitting and watching that series at home? That's gotta get him thinking. Heck, putting myself in his shoes I can even see why I might join BOS:

1. Easier path to the Finals in the East

2. LeBron aging, and once he's gone there's literally NOBODY in the East to stop you

3. GSW foursome is here to say for at least as long as Durant retires

4. Spurs not going away anytime soon neither

5. Yeah you get a little less money, but it's still a whole lot of cash

6. He won't have to be carrying the team in crunch time ALL THE TIME as I don't think that's Hayward's bag.

7. He does have a good relationship with Quin, but he also has a good relationship with Brad Stevens

8. He does have a good relationship with Gobert, Favors, etc, but Isaiah, and all those guys seem like good guys too.

9. Jersey Retirement: He would get one with BOS too if they win a title, no doubt, and as stated above, there's a way easier chance of that happening with BOS than with Utah

10. Boston is closer to Indiana where his folks live.

There you go, that's 10 reasons for leaving. Sad but true. If we get swept here in quick time, it's gonna be 80/20 going to BOS than staying IMO.

If I were Hayward, I would seriously consider playing out my current contract for the following reasons:

1) See if I can make an All NBA team next year and qualify for Supermax.
2) Keep pressure on the Jazz to improve and see what moves they make.
3) See what the competitive landscape looks like in a year.

Then either he stays with the Jazz or takes a max offer with a potential contender.

Keep in mind, a year ago Houston was a .500 team, Portland looked like a real up-and-comer, and Boston had yet to win a PO series.

This Cavs vs Raptors match-up reminds me of the GSW vs Jazz match-up .... young & up and coming team, but really no match talent wise compared to the big boys.

This Cavs vs Raptors match-up reminds me of the GSW vs Jazz match-up .... young & up and coming team, but really no match talent wise compared to the big boys.

I'm not sure I'd call the Raptors young or up & coming. They've hit their ceiling with this current group.

BTW, Corey Joseph is playing pretty well for the Raptors. He may be an attainable FA this summer.

smh. Nothing about this post is right.