What's new

2016-17 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD

Scary thought. Wizards blowing that game against BOS yesterday didn't help.

What if we got swept and BOS goes on to have a competitive series against Cleveland while Hayward is sitting and watching that series at home? That's gotta get him thinking. Heck, putting myself in his shoes I can even see why I might join BOS:

1. Easier path to the Finals in the East

2. LeBron aging, and once he's gone there's literally NOBODY in the East to stop you

3. GSW foursome is here to say for at least as long as Durant retires

4. Spurs not going away anytime soon neither

5. Yeah you get a little less money, but it's still a whole lot of cash

6. He won't have to be carrying the team in crunch time ALL THE TIME as I don't think that's Hayward's bag.

7. He does have a good relationship with Quin, but he also has a good relationship with Brad Stevens

8. He does have a good relationship with Gobert, Favors, etc, but Isaiah, and all those guys seem like good guys too.

9. Jersey Retirement: He would get one with BOS too if they win a title, no doubt, and as stated above, there's a way easier chance of that happening with BOS than with Utah

10. Boston is closer to Indiana where his folks live.

There you go, that's 10 reasons for leaving. Sad but true. If we get swept here in quick time, it's gonna be 80/20 going to BOS than staying IMO.

you'd be lucky if two or three of those were factors Seriously dude, relax

If I were Hayward, I would seriously consider playing out my current contract for the following reasons:

1) See if I can make an All NBA team next year and qualify for Supermax.
2) Keep pressure on the Jazz to improve and see what moves they make.
3) See what the competitive landscape looks like in a year.

Then either he stays with the Jazz or takes a max offer with a potential contender.

IN that case he'd sign a LeBron deal

IN that case he'd sign a LeBron deal

As much as i like Hayward, i dont think he deserves supermax. Because he is not a superstar. There are only a handful of superstars in this league and each of them needed another superstar besides them or at least 2-3 allstars to win the championship. Dont know how we would that if we treat Hayward like one. We need a third stud near Hayward and Gobert guys and not signing supermax deal any of them. And that third stud is certainly not Hill.

As much as i like Hayward, i dont think he deserves supermax. Because he is not a superstar. There are only a handful of superstars in this league and each of them needed another superstar besides them or at least 2-3 allstars to win the championship. Dont know how we would that if we treat Hayward like one. We need a third stud near Hayward and Gobert guys and not signing supermax deal any of them. And that third stud is certainly not Hill.

All he has to do is make an All NBA Team to qualify. He's pretty close. Butler will probably make All NBA this year, and Hayward is in the same tier as a player.

All the chippy-ness is making the WAS vs BOS match up surprisingly watchable...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA67WJV_A_U

Scary thought. Wizards blowing that game against BOS yesterday didn't help.

What if we got swept and BOS goes on to have a competitive series against Cleveland while Hayward is sitting and watching that series at home? That's gotta get him thinking. Heck, putting myself in his shoes I can even see why I might join BOS:

1. Easier path to the Finals in the East

2. LeBron aging, and once he's gone there's literally NOBODY in the East to stop you

3. GSW foursome is here to say for at least as long as Durant retires

4. Spurs not going away anytime soon neither

5. Yeah you get a little less money, but it's still a whole lot of cash

6. He won't have to be carrying the team in crunch time ALL THE TIME as I don't think that's Hayward's bag.

7. He does have a good relationship with Quin, but he also has a good relationship with Brad Stevens

8. He does have a good relationship with Gobert, Favors, etc, but Isaiah, and all those guys seem like good guys too.

9. Jersey Retirement: He would get one with BOS too if they win a title, no doubt, and as stated above, there's a way easier chance of that happening with BOS than with Utah

10. Boston is closer to Indiana where his folks live.

There you go, that's 10 reasons for leaving. Sad but true. If we get swept here in quick time, it's gonna be 80/20 going to BOS than staying IMO.

1. Does nothing to solve the problem of having to beat GSW

2. This undersells the rise of the Bucks and teams like the Raptors. It also assumes that no one in the east will rise. Naïve to think that.

3. Refer to #1, answering your own points

4. There will always be other elite and good teams to beat. Really?

5. So basically you consider Utah even with Boston on the financial standpoint

6. Nothing more than uninformed psychoanalysis

7. He likes people in both camps, great

8. So a bunch of random guys mean more than people he has played and traveled with for multiple seasons? No

9. Intentionally ignores the GSW problem you allude to in 2-3 other points. He wins a title in Utah and his jersey gets retired as well...

10. When you are traveling by private jet it's probably meaningless

So much for those 10 reasons...

1. Does nothing to solve the problem of having to beat GSW

2. This undersells the rise of the Bucks and teams like the Raptors. It also assumes that no one in the east will rise. Naïve to think that.

3. Refer to #1, answering your own points

4. There will always be other elite and good teams to beat. Really?

5. So basically you consider Utah even with Boston on the financial standpoint

6. Nothing more than uninformed psychoanalysis

7. He likes people in both camps, great

8. So a bunch of random guys mean more than people he has played and traveled with for multiple seasons? No

9. Intentionally ignores the GSW problem you allude to in 2-3 other points. He wins a title in Utah and his jersey gets retired as well...

10. When you are traveling by private jet it's probably meaningless

So much for those 10 reasons...

11. Boston is a way more interesting city. Food, entertainment, shopping, sports, culture, etc.

12. Change can motivate.

13. Would his wife rather live in Boston?

14. More endorsements.

The East is so sad. Cavs might sweep their way to the finals.

But he will look a bit Durant-ish leaving the team he has helped to build for a team with a star in Isaiah? Not the same but...