What's new

2016-17 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD

I don't believe this stat for a second. You're suggesting in the first 2 games, GSW outscored Cavs by ~20 point in the 3 minutes Lebron rested? :rolleyes:

Sorry, read the stat the wrong way. It's total points through 4 games not every game. Makes the stat less amazing but still.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

I'm tired of people saying the NBA/refs gave the game to Cleveland. Think about it...

- the score was 26-11 and the Cavs had 4 ft and GS had 3.
- If Dontae Jones got a tech for talking, KD should have too. He actually instigated the talk. Hypothetically, he could have gotten sent off later when he got a double tech talking to LeBron.
- Draymond should have been sent off. No question here.
- Zaza should have gotten a tech for his hit/swipe/whatever
- Tristan Thompson got a flagrant for brushing against the top of Durant's head. Even Steve Javey said it shouldn't be flagrant.
- Cleveland broke the Finals 3 point record by 2. And that was by the end of the 3rd quarter...

If the Warriors lose, it's always, always somebody else's fault. Not a player on that team raises his hand when called for a foul. Gets old...
I think it was love that got the flagrant for touching the head of durant.

I just want to say that I love van gundy. Always seems to say what I'm thinking.

I liked what he said about the "2nd" tech on draymond. Rather than changing the first tech (that should have been a flagrant if the Kevin love foul is flagrant btw but that's a whole other story) to being on Steve Kerr in order to keep draymond on the floor, the refs should have just admitted that they overreacted and green didn't do anything to deserve the second tech. (He didn't deserve it imo)

That's just one example but I feel like van gundy is always spot on and always says what I'm thinking. I also feel like the nba probably wishes he wouldn't say some of the stuff that he says but they know that the fans love him so they give him a very long leash.

I like Van Gundy too, but you cannot argue a call by walking towards a ref, curse and wave your full arm head high swiping away. That is disrespectful to the ref. That was vocally and physically saying "get that ******** out of here".

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

LOL... Durant's Mom to Kevin Durant: "You Did it!!"

There was a moment when they looked into each other's eyes with a pause. I bet Kevin was like "Yeah, only cos I joined this team though, mom".

Thank God this thing is over. These have been some of the worst playoffs I've ever seen.
This.
I was rooting for the Cavs while at the same time thinking that at least if the warriors win tonight it will be over.

Well **** the Warriors and KD.

Lebron was AMAZING once again. Although... I have to criticize him. I know he likes to assist but come on. When you can score as easily as he does you NEED to take responsibility, you NEED to take over. He was incredible all game but especially the 4th. If he could've stay that aggressive all game I don't think this series is over.

Anyway thank **** that season is over. Get ready to shock the world #JazzNation!

Last edited:
KD deserves to be a champion. Too bad he didn't do it with OKC.

Disagree completely. Nobody deserves anything in this league until they've earned it. KD had a legitimate championship level roster around him in OKC, and QUIT so that he could join a 73 win team that had a good chance of winning it without him.

The only thing he really deserves is a lack of respect for having absolutely no sense of self pride.

Well, looks like Durant made the right choice. He won his championship. He was the best player on arguably the best team in NBA history. He had one of the best finals series of any player ever. People are taking about him as the best player in the NBA. His endorsements money just went way up. He now has the chance to go win elsewhere or be apart of one of the greatest NBA dynasties.