What's new

2017 Summer League: Schedule, Rosters, Discussions

The Jazz got Kennedy Meeks.

latest

June 23rd 2017 at 10:37am CST by Luke Adams

The Raptors have struck a deal with undrafted rookie Kennedy Meeks, reports Shams Charania of The Vertical (via Twitter). According to Charania, Meeks will sign a partially guaranteed contract with Toronto. The deal can’t become official until after the 2017/18 league year begins.

Meeks, 22, averaged 12.3 PPG and 9.4 RPG during his senior year at North Carolina. The 6’9″ center was viewed as a top-100 prospect by Jonathan Givony of DraftExpress, who had Meeks at No. 92 on his big board.

Although he wasn’t drafted on Thursday night, Meeks will have a chance to attend training camp with the Raptors, making him the third UNC player to find a new NBA home this week. Meeks’ former Tar Heels teammates Justin Jackson and Tony Bradley were both first-round picks, going to the Kings and Jazz, respectively.

Are you sure, Dr. Jones?

Anyone know anything about Tyler Cavanaugh? He had some good senior year stats but Draft Express has nothing on him.

Supposedly Cavanaugh had offers from 5 other teams:

Cavanaugh, the 6-foot-9 forward, was not selected in the 2017 NBA Draft Thursday night. But he and his agent, Keith Glass, settled on a place where Cavanaugh could show what he can do during the Summer League. He will leave for Utah on Wednesday to begin practicing with the Jazz.

"We're very pleased with how it went," Glass said in a phone conversation. "I had a choice of six teams for him and chose the Jazz, so they must have said something I liked."

Julian Wright. thought that dude must be dead by now. former 13th overall pick - 10 years ago. i thought he'd be similar to Gerald Wallace. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr0oaR2oYMI

Our boy Butterfield is back!

He was easily the most surprising player of last year's team. Dude was pretty nasty at times and is coming off a great year for his French team (same league Rudy played in).

J.P. Tokoto was a 2nd-round in 2015 and is extremely athletic. He's someone who should have stayed in school for another year.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app