What's new

2018-2019 Western Conference Predictions

I will literally tell @Archie Moses that I like his Hurley t-shirts if Denver misses the playoffs. Not gonna happen. (Health permitting, of course).

People were saying they were going to be a threat last year. I said that they wouldn't be because they can't play defense. It's the same thing this year. They still can't play defense. If they do make it into the playoffs it will be by the skin of their teeth as a 7 or 8 seed. I doubt it though. Being a one dimensional team just doesn't work in the Western Conference.

1. GSW
2. Houston
3. Jazz
4. New Orleans
5. Denver
6. OKC
7. Portland
8. LA Lakers
9. Minnesota
10. San Antonio
11. LA Clippers
12. Memphis
13. Phoenix
14. Sacramento
15. Dallas

1. GSW
2. Houston
3. Utah
4. OKC
5. Portland
6. Lakers
7. Denver
8. San Antonio
9. New Orleans
10. Minnesota
11. Clippers
12. Phoenix
13. Memphis
14. Dallas
15. Sacramento

Dallas looks to be the most controversial team in this

edit: and the pelicans

Last edited by a moderator:
People were saying they were going to be a threat last year. I said that they wouldn't be because they can't play defense. It's the same thing this year. They still can't play defense. If they do make it into the playoffs it will be by the skin of their teeth as a 7 or 8 seed. I doubt it though. Being a one dimensional team just doesn't work in the Western Conference.
Millsap was hurt for three months and they missed the playoffs on the very last day (and still won like 46 games, right?). They should get a boost from internal development, and IT should give their bench a jolt. Their offense could be amazeballs.

1. GSW
2. Utah
3. Hou
3b OKC (they tie)
5. NOP
6. Portland
6b. SAS
6c. Memphis (three way tie)
9. Denver
9b. LAL
9c. Minnesota (three way tie)
12. LAC
13. Dallas
14. Phoenix
15. Sacramento

Millsap was hurt for three months and they missed the playoffs on the very last day (and still won like 46 games, right?). They should get a boost from internal development, and IT should give their bench a jolt. Their offense could be amazeballs.

Their offense will be great. It was already great last year but the young players should continue to improve offensively plus IT should provide a jolt as you mentioned. But I just don't see how they are going to improve on defense. I love me some Millsap but father time is catching up to him. He had the worst individual defensive rating of his career last season. He's gonna turn 34 during this season. I think he's on the decline. I don't see players like Murray, Jokic, Barton, Lyles, Hernangomez, ever becoming high level defenders. Some of them will never even be average. And IT is going to hurt their defense even more in the minutes he plays. I just don't see them being much better than their record last year. I see 45/46 wins from them again.

I don't know what to think about the Nuggets. They rely on jump-shooting, and they still don't rebound and defend very well. They can't seem to stop anybody. I think they make the playoffs and go out in 5 or 6 games.

One team that I think is being underrated is Houston. They look every bit as good as last year and now have a year of continuity with their core. I think they're serious contenders. I think they're a solid tier above Boston.

1. GS
2. Rox
3. Jazz
4. OKC
5. Lakers
6. Nuggets
7. Clippers
8. Mavericks
9. Portland
10. Spurs
11. Minnesota
12. Memphis
13. Suns
14. Memphis
15. Kings

I already want to adjust mine after watching how good OKC looked without Westbrook. Solid team, especially if PG is on fire.

I'm looking forward to Dallas playing tonight, I think they have the potential to surprise. The floor for Doncic is above average and his ceiling is through the roof, Deandre Jordan is a beast, Dirk is maybe on some new designer meds, Wesly Matthews looks reinvented, DSJ was a highlight reel in preseason, Harrison Barnes... I can see easily see them winning more games than expected if teams come in expecting a win.

I already want to adjust mine after watching how good OKC looked without Westbrook. Solid team, especially if PG is on fire.

I wouldn't read too much into it.

GSW looked more invested in the ring presentation than the actual game.

You need never comment like you know bball ever again . Your just a fan boy. You have Utah one and Lakers 11th? Talk all the bball you would like but don't act like you know the game. Your an idiot and your rankings show it. Just like you have had Exum as Jordan and you hyped him up and you showed your nothing but a fan of the team.not a fan of the game because of you was you wouldn't be disrespecting the game like you do,all the time. Your the biggest clown here. You should be proud.

Hi there, friend! Boy you sure do take things seriously with the angry voice and sophomoric name calling. Chill out, we are here to have fun : -)

And you are also confusing me with someone else, as evidenced by your mighty confusion about my views of Dante. Hope this does not make you feel too foolish.

See ya, silly. Hope things get better for you!

Funny but i thought even though they looked good against the warriors their roster doesn't look all that good and I think that they will fall off a bit. Should probably change my predictions i posted tbh. That would be cheating though. Shouldn't be able to change things after the season has started imo