What's new

2018 Championship Bus!!!!

WOuUSgkFTaKJ_pUTbND4cJaNyhyBw2pTTNQgPUySvVo.jpg

If you recall correctly, or if you google correctly?

Recall— I remember watching an Olajuwon video on him vs Robinson and Houston had lost the first two games at home before he went berserk on game 3. He then went on to win in the Finals so I just kinda put two and two together. Was too lazy to google

Recall— I remember watching an Olajuwon video on him vs Robinson and Houston had lost the first two games at home before he went berserk on game 3. He then went on to win in the Finals so I just kinda put two and two together. Was too lazy to google
Wow, I'm in awe... assuming you are correct.

Hard to believe, but before Duncan, Pop, etc. The Spurs used to find very creative ways to fall apart come playoff time.

Robinson was an all time choker in big games.

Back then, there were only two divisions per conference and division winners received the two top seeds. Even if you had the second best record in the league you would get the 3rd seed if the team with the best record was also in your division.

Well, that's what happened to the Jazz that year. They won 60 games and they had to face the defending champ Rockets who were actually better that year with the addition of Drexler. But they slacked during the regular season and heavily managed everyone's minute. The Jazz dropped one of the games in Salt Lake but forced a Game 5 in Salt Lake which they lost by 4 points. I had to Google this part, but the Jazz were up by 7 heading into the 4th quarter.

That was possibly the one that really got away. While Jordan was around that year, that was is short stint as #45. That Jazz team was really good and the Spurs that year were paper tigers. If the Jazz held on in the 4th against the Rockets andcould have gotten past the Suns, I think they would have won the title.

I'd like to see Neto get some time tomorrow night. Still bullish on Exum's future, but he played out of control in stretches last night. Neto plays with great tempo.

Back then, there were only two divisions per conference and division winners received the two top seeds. Even if you had the second best record in the league you would get the 3rd seed if the team with the best record was also in your division.

Well, that's what happened to the Jazz that year. They won 60 games and they had to face the defending champ Rockets who were actually better that year with the addition of Drexler. But they slacked during the regular season and heavily managed everyone's minute. The Jazz dropped one of the games in Salt Lake but forced a Game 5 in Salt Lake which they lost by 4 points. I had to Google this part, but the Jazz were up by 7 heading into the 4th quarter.

That was possibly the one that really got away. While Jordan was around that year, that was is short stint as #45. That Jazz team was really good and the Spurs that year were paper tigers. If the Jazz held on in the 4th against the Rockets andcould have gotten past the Suns, I think they would have won the title.

I believe that was when David Benoit clanked three after three in the fourth. I can still feel the sting of that game. I remember Hakeem making some extraordinary plays as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe that was when David Benoit clanked three after three in the fourth. I can still feel the sting of that game. I remember Hakeem making some extraordinary plays as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hakeem was awesome during both those runs. He dominated Shaq during those finals. Hakeem was the one all-timer from that era (aside from Robinson who never faced him and didn't win anything until Duncan came along) that was never crushed by Jordan.

Wow, I'm in awe... assuming you are correct.

just googled it now, I had it backwards-- Houston won the first two games in San Antonio (they had the league's best record), but then they lost game 3 and 4 at home. Weird series.

Ended up winning in 6, then they won against the Suns in the 7th game by a single point.

just googled it now, I had it backwards-- Houston won the first two games in San Antonio (they had the league's best record), but then they lost game 3 and 4 at home. Weird series.

Ended up winning in 6, then they won against the Suns in the 7th game by a single point.
Single points matter!

today's results made me nervous, every team that was down 1-2 just brought it back to 2-2 in the east. Jazz need to come out and get this W tomorrow. HUGE game.