What's new

2019-2020 General NBA thread

Dallas is big and bigger and looks to make a huge jump in the Western CONf.,..... Jazz and Portland are looking like they can be disappointments ! Jazz thought by adding offensive players they were going to make a big splash ...but now they can't score inside and like usual one of the most unathletic teams in basketball ...a Snyder staple. Portland plays 2 man basketball and doesn't seem to be able to stop anyone from scoring.
Dallas got a triple threat stud and a player 7'3" slowly coming around and looks to be mucho dangerous to every team in basketball.

Is Phoenix taking a step up with the leadership of Rubio .
Why would you say the jazz are looking like disappointments (besides the fact that you hate the jazz) when they are sitting with homecourt advantage in the playoffs right now and have had a very tough schedule and just beat 2 of the best teams in the east and are on a winning streak and have the #2 ranked defense and still have lots of room to improve?
Oh ya, its cause you are dumb.

Reactions: MVP
I freaking swear that every time I look at the teams next to us in the standings, they are playing Chicago, Washington, or the freaking Knicks. How is that even statistically possible?

Seeing Raptors kicking Lakers butt without Lowry and Ibaka is just pure pleasure. Champs got some swagger lol.

Rudio was +37 tonight vs. the Nets.

The Nets starters got outscored 93-40 by the Suns starters.

Anyone see the Jimmy Butler interview?

It’s funny we used to talk about signing this guy.

I freaking swear that every time I look at the teams next to us in the standings, they are playing Chicago, Washington, or the freaking Knicks. How is that even statistically possible?

Jazz should be favored to win their next 7 games.

The dude has been through 5 coaches. How clueless can an owner be?

What would the Knicks franchise + Madison Square Garden venue/real estate be worth at the moment 2 billion? What should they be worth 3.5 to 4? Dolan redefines the idea of a loser.

Some eye-opening numbers in this article. Knicks are worth as much as the Yankees and are second only to the Cowboys in all of sports.

The Warriors franchise value has gone up 367% in five years, to $3.5 billion.

Jazz are #19 at nearly $1.5 billion. I remember when Larry mortgaged the farm to build the Delta Center for like $60 million.

The Sixers value went up 40% last year alone to almost $2 billion.

#statbitch

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtba...2019-knicks-on-top-at-4-billion/#64486d29e667

What would the Knicks franchise + Madison Square Garden venue/real estate be worth at the moment 2 billion? What should they be worth 3.5 to 4? Dolan redefines the idea of a loser.
They are valued at like 5B... I believe he was advised recently to sell a minority stake and it would increase the overall value. He should sell... the franchises always sell for more than their “value”... he could then go and play all the gigs he wants and really focus on his music. He will immediately become rich but irrelevant so I doubt his ego ever let’s him sell. Nba likely waiting for hi to get me too’d so they can force a sale:

I also love the president and GM conspiring to lay the case for the coach being fired... I mean they have given him such enormous talent that how could he possibly botch this. I mean their pgs consist of draft busts they either drafted or traded their superstar for and they added like 15 pfs when they need help on the wing. The Knox pick not looking so swell right now... but yeah let’s can the coach it’s clearly his fault.

Why did the Knicks give away Porzingis again?
They thought they were getting KD and Kyrie basically. Cleared space and gave some picks... If they were going to trade him they should have focused on getting more assets and less on clearing bad contracts... they ended up using that space on 72 PFs that are all "okay". Classic Sacramento Kings type of move.

I just think its funny they are shocked that they suck... let's see... you start Frankie Smokes or Elfrid Payton at PG with rookie RJ Barrett and 3 PFs... not exactly a recipe for tons of wins.