What's new

2019 Annual JazzFanz Current Players NBA Draft

That video is getting me hyped^

I cannot wait for the Zion show to start. He is going to have an unreal rookie season. Probably gonna be my favorite player ever.

I think Im gonna have to buy tickets to the Pelican@Jazz game.

Here is the exact phrasing I used in the OP:

There's not a rule against picking them, and, hey, if you can convince the voters they're a good choice, more power to you. But when the general impression is that they'll be out for most of the year, you sure have your work cut out for you.
That makes no sense tho to frame a competition that way.

Everyone views these things as "Playoff matchup, who wins?" not "Which team is going to put up the better stats through the totality of the year".

Everyone views these things as "Playoff matchup, who wins?" not "Which team is going to put up the better stats through the totality of the year".
If he’s fully healthy by the end of the year, I probably wouldn’t hold it against whoever takes them. The main question I have is “Can he contribute in a 7 game playoff series?”

If the answer is “yes” I base my vote on what kind of role I’d expect them to have by the time the playoffs come around. Torn ACL usually gets back in about 6-9 months. Not sure how effective he’ll be by then, but to each their own.

If he’s fully healthy by the end of the year, I probably wouldn’t hold it against whoever takes them. The main question I have is “Can he contribute in a 7 game playoff series?”

If the answer is “yes” I base my vote on what kind of role I’d expect them to have by the time the playoffs come around. Torn ACL usually gets back in about 6-9 months. Not sure how effective he’ll be by then, but to each their own.
He's a top 3 shooter of all time. ACL tears aren't really that big of a deal. It's really hard to find any player whose career took a big downturn because of an ACL tear, at least in the last 2 decades.

I would have drafted Klay, but RoCo is really good at the things I wanted to add so I just played it safe. Someone should probably drafted him this round or next.

SPLASH MOUNTAIN

giphy.gif

AKA BROOK LOPEZ

PassionateLiquidBlackfish-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

FastUnkemptBurro-size_restricted.gif

5cdd926b9d3878c8eb1079d3

MLEHVMLW4VF2NDQIMGUW4HSBLU.jpg

He's the ultimate 3&D center. Last season he:

- Made more 3s than any 7 footer in history.
- Became the first player ever to average 2 blocks and 2 made 3s.
- Made more 3s than Kobe ever did in a season, while simultaneously blocking more shots than KG ever did in a season.

"The Bucks are allowing just 42.1 points in the paint per game this year, just one tenth of a point off the best team, and third best overall. This represents a radical shift from last season, where the Bucks finished 23rd and gave up 47.3 points per game in the paint. Lopez is a major reason why that’s changed."

"Lopez has blocked 6.4 percent of the shot attempts against him this season. That’s fourth best in the NBA..."

"Opponents are shooting just 51.8 percent at the rim against him when he’s the closest defender, putting him in the top-10 in the league. Zach Kram of The Ringer highlighted that here. That total puts him on par with one of the league’s most highly regarded defensive big men, Rudy Gobert."

"When Lopez is on the floor, the Bucks defensive rating is two points better than their already league best rating, at 102.3. That puts him sixth among all NBA players who’ve played at least 60 games and logged at least 24 minutes per game."

https://behindthebuckpass.com/2019/...rook-lopez-case-defensive-player-of-the-year/

Jrue Holiday
Buddy Hield
Jimmy Butler
John Collins
KAT

Solid defense, great shooting, and lots of potential. I expect Kat and Collins to have even bigger years. This team has lots of matchup issues and 5 outside shooters.

Thats how we have always done it. Deal bro

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app