What's new

2019 Trade Deadline Discussion

That’s really not fair to DL... how do you know he didn’t try? How do we know it was really available? He ain’t sitting on his hands. Plus we could have done a deal then retained our guys if we wanted... might have had to squeeze them a bit and release thabo and Udoh. Salary would have had to match too.

I don't mind the trade ideas and speculation but this is what is annoying, when DL gets blamed for not doing anything because he didn't pull off your ridiculous trade idea.

Nah when I have seen lopo talk about trading for a guy like Parsons we always get the draft picks with the bad contract..... Or a good player with the bad contract (like Beal for taking mahimi and giving some other stuff)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
It was a lighthearted comment. I think we need to make a book with Lopo's crazy trade ideas. Some have some track, many are one-sided...but helping the opposing team lol

Let us offer Boston something

Protected 2nd rounder for gtime?

It was a lighthearted comment. I think we need to make a book with Lopo's crazy trade ideas. Some have some track, many are one-sided...but helping the opposing team lol

I am perfectly fine taking shots from people and I can definitely LOL at myself, but let's get the facts straight:

#1 - I never create a trade scenario. EVERY SINGLE ONE of my trade ideas originate from either a reputable NBA source (Woj, Shams, etc.) OR a reputable team source (another team's Tony Jones types).

#2 - Every idea is the start of the conversation. Sure my ideas are tilted towards us, but I guarantee so are the initial ideas by GM's everywhere.

#3 - It's important to realize that we all have our opinions on trades. Like you said, some "help the opposing team" or are "one-sided". Just look at the Burks-Korver trade. Our front office pulled off that trade and still there were polarizing opinions. Some people cursed DL while others applauded it. It is important to try to be objective and open-minded. That goes for me too.

#4 - All I want is a title. I don't want to encourage complacency and I don't want to encourage mediocrity. We have an All Star caliber Center and superstar in the making. I would rather be aggressive than passive.

If we are looking to trade with the Grizzlies, we should offer them anything humanly possible to get Jaren Jackson Jr. I literally would take that awful Parsons contract and send back multiple first round picks. And send Exum. Send Bradley. I don't care.

Before the draft that is EXACTLY what they were hoping for. They dangled the 4th pick so long as you took Parsons. I wanted Doncic to pair up with DM and I thought we would. I also think that Dallas knew that when they jumped up to get him. Kokosksokoskosovovkov + Doncic + Parsons for what because Grayson Allen, Cap space, and probably a sign and trade/expiring contracts. What a steal that would have been and we had the $$$ to be able to do it so long as we didn't up Favors AND Exum. Hindsight is like a Gobert stat line. Well... except DM wouldn't pass the ball GD!

I am perfectly fine taking shots from people and I can definitely LOL at myself, but let's get the facts straight:

#1 - I never create a trade scenario. EVERY SINGLE ONE of my trade ideas originate from either a reputable NBA source (Woj, Shams, etc.) OR a reputable team source (another team's Tony Jones types).

#2 - Every idea is the start of the conversation. Sure my ideas are tilted towards us, but I guarantee so are the initial ideas by GM's everywhere.

#3 - It's important to realize that we all have our opinions on trades. Like you said, some "help the opposing team" or are "one-sided". Just look at the Burks-Korver trade. Our front office pulled off that trade and still there were polarizing opinions. Some people cursed DL while others applauded it. It is important to try to be objective and open-minded. That goes for me too.

#4 - All I want is a title. I don't want to encourage complacency and I don't want to encourage mediocrity. We have an All Star caliber Center and superstar in the making. I would rather be aggressive than passive.

That's all good. I just think you are a 'bit' enthusiastic :D with the trade machine and many of the trades are unrealistic, and that's fine. Many trade ideas proposed by fans are crazy. All in all, even though I disagree with some of your ideas, I appreciate the effort and content for other people to discuss. I also think people take all this discussions too seriously, at the end of the day we are talking about basketball. It should be fun.

The next move is super important... I don't mind us setting it up and waiting for the right opportunity. Mess up this one and it could limit the ceiling on this team.

I think Rozier would fit here so well. Defense first PG who doesn't have to dominate the ball. I think he would stretch the floor for us.

I'm not proposing the player but the type of PG/SG we should be looking for: Excellent spot up shooter, not ball dominant, big enough to defend 2s, could handle/play off the ball. I can't come up with a player like that who is available (unfortunately Beal is a pipe dream, I like Brogdon, Holiday maybe). For example, 2016 George Hill was a such a great fit in our system.

If I run the Utah Hayward to Boston hayward math on rozier to see what kind of player he’d be when he gets in our system he instantly becomes an mvp candidate.

On the real though. Rozier is a good catch and shoot guy but I’m not sure he gives us what we need. I think he could be had fairly inexpensively now that the scary terry shine has worn off.

I'm not proposing the player but the type of PG/SG we should be looking for: Excellent spot up shooter, not ball dominant, big enough to defend 2s, could handle/play off the ball. I can't come up with a player like that who is available (unfortunately Beal is a pipe dream, I like Brogdon, Holiday maybe). For example, 2016 George Hill was a such a great fit in our system.

I don't think Rozier checks all boxes perfectly, but I think he gets pretty close. The whole Rubio, Rozier, Exum debate would be fascinating. If we are talking about the next 5 years, who makes the Jazz a better team?

I don't think Rozier checks all boxes perfectly, but I think he gets pretty close. The whole Rubio, Rozier, Exum debate would be fascinating. If we are talking about the next 5 years, who makes the Jazz a better team?
I just don't think Rozier moves the needle into contention. I need to see more from him.

Just heard locke breakdown Tobias Harris and his potential fit here... it was good and now I want to wait until FA and test if the Clips will give him a max, make him wait, or if we have a shot here. He'd be phenomenal here and if the Clips slide I can see him giving us strong consideration.

Rubio : TS 51% ; OBPM -1.3 ; DBPM 0.5 ; VORP 0.4
Rozier : TS 48.4% ; OBPM -1.3 ; DBPM 0.8 ; VORP 0.4

Rubio and Rozier are bad shooters and decent defenders.
I don't think Rozier is the solution. I would prefer Tomas Satoransky.