What's new

2019 Trade Deadline Discussion

you guys really aren't realizing what having to guard our PG on the perimeter would do for the offense, he gets an efficient 20PPG, it's perfect.

Imagine Conley PnR's coming off Gobert screens.

Choo choo bitches.
I agree.
It might hurt us in the long term and it probably doesn't get us a championship (I don't think anything other than Spida becoming an MVP will) but my God we be good and fun to watch for the next few years. I'm down.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Exactly! We already spent a first to get Rubio. Now there's talk about two firsts? I'm not gonna be happy if we do more than one first.

I mean the track record isn’t great for him at this point.

2013 - Two firsts to acquire Trey Burke
2014 - #5 on Dante
2016 - First to acquire George Hill
2017 - First to acquire Ricky Rubio

He’s got a good enough track record with draft picks that I’m kind of getting sick of wasting them on trading for one position.

Here's a real question. Who would want Conley, who would give up more value then an expiring Rubio and a fancy Bambi?
San Antonio? Maybe Miami, or Orlando. I don't see a ton of fits. There is absolutely no reason to over bid for him.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I'll send them a top 29 protected first in 2021 that converts to Ante Tomic if not conveyed.

Two firsts for Conley and expirings is dumb... no matter how high or low you are on a draft. Memphis has to save face... they can't trade him for nothing, but he isn't friggin Kyrie or Zinger (dude entering his prime). He's slightly overpaid for his current production and has a chance to be a huge millstone if injuries or age get him.

I mean the track record isn’t great for him at this point.

2013 - Two firsts to acquire Trey Burke
2014 - #5 on Dante
2016 - First to acquire George Hill
2017 - First to acquire Ricky Rubio

He’s got a good enough track record with draft picks that I’m kind of getting sick of wasting them on trading for one position.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I honestly don't want to even do expirings for Conley. His contract just completely torpedoes building with any new young pieces. But I could accept it at that price. Involving picks would truly sadden me.