What's new

2019 Trade Deadline Discussion

I have no problem with the assets that DL is reportedly giving up if it is to acquire Holiday. But Conley??? No thanks

Conley scores like 30 points per 100 possessions. Quite a bit more than Holiday, FWIW.

Nobody can guard KD. Green kinda reminds me of Favs... I think he’s fairly switchy but lacks the rim protection. He is a better spot up guy doe.
What I really mean is if he’s better than our current guys.

I don’t know. Conley is an “all in” move, cashing in those chips that for years he’s been “keeping the powder dry.” He’d be striking a match on that.
Especially when Kemba is available in the summer. If DL wants a small point guard who can shoot he is much better than Conley in that regards. In the summer if Kemba signs, then great. If not, then just resign Ricky. I don't know why DL hates "flexibility" all of sudden

So I could see a trade of Rubio to Chicago for Lopez and the Memphis second rounder... Conley for Favs and Exum and a first... they can flip Favs to Washington or Charlotte for bad salary and a first.

We then take the Memphis second thabo and Udoh for Niko.

We get Conley, Niko, and a good backup... all while retaining the Tomic draft rights... which can be flipped for a first rounder this offseason... prolly not top ten but definitely late lotto.

Especially when Kemba is available in the summer. If DL wants a small point guard who can shoot he is much better than Conley in that regards. In the summer if Kemba signs, then great. If not, then just resign Ricky. I don't know why DL hates "flexibility" all of sudden

He may have realized that it was a bit of a mirage and doesn’t want to come away empty handed.

He also may have wanted to see if it worked... and now has enough data for the conclusion that trades should be made.

The two firsts talk is worrisome.

I don’t know. Conley is an “all in” move, cashing in those chips that for years he’s been “keeping the powder dry.” He’d be striking a match on that.
Wonder if the Hayward situation plays into this. Not the same as several years of losing, but it won't be long before Rudy is an UFA. If he doesnt see Lindsey making the team better and is denied all -star berths because the Jazz are battling for a lower seed, maybe he considers a bigger market team, or at least the EC.

Rudy campaigned for the all-star team. Its important to him. If Utah can come out of the gates as a top-3 team every year, Rudy and Donovan have to be considered.

As for Conley, Im ok with it. His expiring wi be a trade asset. Jazz can flip him for other players if they need to in a couple of years.

Conley scores like 30 points per 100 possessions. Quite a bit more than Holiday, FWIW.
Holiday is the perfect match for Quin. A big guard who is good defensively and also create his own shot. I have no problem seeing DL giving away Ricky, Dante and multiple 1st rounders if it is for him. But Conley just isn't worth all that. He can't even guarantee us the playoff this year.

If I'm Utah I'm ignoring NOLA and I'm ringing up Jrue's agent forcing him to force Jrue out.

I dont mean this lightly-- we are a top 3 team and a championship contender if we send out Rubio + filler + 2-3 picks and we get Jrue back.

Because there is a less than zero chance Kemba signs here and Conley is much much better than Rubio.

I mean... duh.

I would prefer Jrue. But I think a lot of people dont watch much of Conley and are very much undervaluing him. He is very good and plays both ends of the court. He is an upgrade over Rubio in pretty much every way. His age and injury history are the only concerns. But if healthy he is worth his contract.

He's not as versatile of a defender... if he's healthy he's likely worth his contract. It is fair to have some skepticism about him being healthy doe.