What's new

2019 Trade Deadline Discussion

I just saw a thread on the jazz news feed part of jazzfanz saying that he isn't available.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I saw that too. My point is, even coming from Tony Jones you never know. Teams will often misdirect to the media. Who knows where he got that tidbit. I'm sure it is unlikely, but I would guess he is available, but the cost may not be worth the ask.

I'll also point out that I saw multiple sources yesterday say they were testing the market with Jrue.

Porter has a toe injury and he's good but overpaid. Favs for Porter (plus salary matching stuff) great. I'm not giving a pick for a guy that isn't healthy, has a big contract, and is having a down year.

I've watched him a few times this year and been so unimpressed. May just be tuned out. I think and OP Jr. deal is possible in the offseason if we don't do another deal first.

I think our #1 target should be Holliday, even if it means sending Favors to WAS for a pick to give to the Pels as part of our package.

Jazz move Favors, Rubio, 1st. Gets J'rue, filler.
WAS moves a 1st, filler. Gets Favors.
NOLA moves Holliday. Gets Rubio, 2 1sts, filler.

Last edited:
I think our #1 target should be Holliday, even if it means sending Favors to WAS for a pick to give to the Pels as part of our package.

If that is what it took it would have been done yesterday.

Man, this thread is ssoooo full of stupid.

1. Favors is so damn underrated. If we had Conley we could freaking KEEP Favors and be fine. Favors is far better than Mirotic.
2. We should not give Exum plus 2 picks for Conley. For two picks they need to be shipping Gasol back here as well.
3. Holiday is not happening. Philly would open the pantry hard for Holiday if he were available. Can you give one good reason why NO would make him available? They really can't do the 5 year tank thing.
4. None of this matters. We are getting Blake Griffin and all you hosers are going to be stunned!

Wasn't Jrue traded to NOP by PHI during the draft a few years ago (when PHI went full on super tank mode), not often you see a trade back to the same team that traded you to the team you're on.

I also agree Framer, that people get so stuck on trading Favors it just becomes the norm thoughtless lazy repeated rhetoric. With Conley on the court it would help Favors in the starting unit and being able to continue being the best back up C in the league and keeps the defensive first mentality the Jazz have built and preached for years now.

Yes Conley's age and 30mil per is a concern but from a pure basketball talent stand point it should be done, you acquire/upgrade talent when you can while acknowledging those concerns I just mentioned.

I'm just irritated that it took about five minutes for Porzingis to be traded after those rumors came out yesterday. I'm sitting here, three hours later, and nothing has happened. SOMEBODY MAKE A DAMN TRADE, I NEED SOME ENTERTAINMENT THIS AFTERNOON.

If that is what it took it would have been done yesterday.

Here's the edited version---

Jazz out: Favors, Rubio, 1st, filler (e.g., Thabo, Grayson, 2nd)
Jazz in: Holliday, filler

WAS out: 1st, filler
WAS in: Favors, filler

NOLA out: J'rue, filler
NOLA in: Rubio, 2x 1sts, filler

Not sure if the Jazz will do it, but getting 2 1sts and a 2nd for Holliday, is a good return.

I don't have time right now to go through this whole thread. I keep reading the Grizzlies want 2 picks for Conley, has that actually been reported somewhere?

Here's the edited version---

Jazz out: Favors, Rubio, 1st, filler (e.g., Thabo, Grayson, 2nd)
Jazz in: Holliday, filler

WAS out: 1st, filler
WAS in: Favors, filler

NOLA out: J'rue, filler
NOLA in: Rubio, 2x 1sts, filler

Not sure if the Jazz will do it, but getting 2 1sts and a 2nd for Holliday, is a good return.

they can do better imo.

I like Conely a lot...but that contract scares me and I don't know enough about the salary cap to know how badly it would hurt us.