What's new

2019 Trade Deadline Discussion

I remember 2 freaking years of "Jazz passed on a deal to trade AK47 for Amare Stoudamire!!!!!!" Don't take risks!!!! a couple of years later we learned that they also wanted Gordon Hayward and another first round pick. We really don't know what the deals are. All of the pieces that I wanted were obtained on an overpay or have serious contractual flaws. Sometimes, it is better to not be Washington and stick with that top 4 in the West until you get the chance to shed Lyles and a late pick for Donovan Mitchell.

Also, it is quite possible that we have some confidence in a piece or two in free agency. Everybody tampers. Trey Burke was "Swinging for the fences!" I'd rather do no deal than Trey Burke. I am sympathetic to current team construction. If we are making a lateral player move (Mirotic for Favors) we should probably take the locker room into account as well. It suck that we are in Utah and have to do these things, but then I don't have 6 years of suck like the poor people in in Arizona have had with the Suns.

That's fine... many have questioned certain things... like drafting Tony Bradley... only to get the " you dumbass DL knows more than you... don't question ****". It bugs me. I think DL is awesome... he seems to get a bit attached to players and seems to value continuity to a fault. Deals we've made were often times results of outside urgency - Hayward (Hill, Rubio)... Hood asks out (Crowder).

Kyle was a great fringe move... but we've also sold seconds and not made fringe trades that would have been available for seconds (in other years). They ain't perfect and they err on the side of no move quite often.

What exactly is "being aggressive" mean, though? Yeah, I don't think they're sitting around doing nothing. But I think they focus in on one thing (Conley). We were told how aggressive we were on the draft night, then in free agency.