What's new

2019 Trade Deadline Discussion

What trade do you see that the Jazz should have pulled the trigger on and we had the assets for?

A first for mirotic last year. We could have traded him for more than a first now apparently if we wanted to.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I love when we question managements moves or non-moves we are idiots... they are not infallible. They have made mistakes in draft, trade, FA

I get that we don't have all the knowledge, but let's not pretend that management is perfect.

I remember 2 freaking years of "Jazz passed on a deal to trade AK47 for Amare Stoudamire!!!!!!" Don't take risks!!!! a couple of years later we learned that they also wanted Gordon Hayward and another first round pick. We really don't know what the deals are. All of the pieces that I wanted were obtained on an overpay or have serious contractual flaws. Sometimes, it is better to not be Washington and stick with that top 4 in the West until you get the chance to shed Lyles and a late pick for Donovan Mitchell.

Also, it is quite possible that we have some confidence in a piece or two in free agency. Everybody tampers. Trey Burke was "Swinging for the fences!" I'd rather do no deal than Trey Burke. I am sympathetic to current team construction. If we are making a lateral player move (Mirotic for Favors) we should probably take the locker room into account as well. It suck that we are in Utah and have to do these things, but then I don't have 6 years of suck like the poor people in in Arizona have had with the Suns.

There had been about 25 trades. Jazz are linked to old expensive point guards. Lindsey isn't trying to build a championship roster.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I ask again. Who would you trade and for what? Citing the volume of trades and complaining the Jazz dont care about winning is a hilariously bad take.

Here is my theory...

We trade Favs and Exum for Conley... we talked Ricky into an extension and super bench role... he accepted because he is the best and Vivent promised to feature him in every up coming commercial.

memphis flips favs to charlotte for Bismack and a pick... I hate today.

hmm. interesting

gives them $4m of breathing room from the tax this year... they were right up against it. Helps if they are doing other deals.

They took on extra money and needed to clear a roster spot from the Toronto deal.