What's new

2020-2021 Western Conference Regular Season Prediction Contest

I'm not going to be a homer like most of you on here and say Jazz will probably end up being 5th or 6th spot in the west cuz it's pretty stacked. And yes, the tires fall off again and get kicked out of the playoffs in the 2nd rd. That's a pretty honest prediction if I say so myself.

Season has barely started but one team that everybody whiffed on was definitely the San Antonio Spurs.

They are currently the #5 seed, but have had the 4th hardest strength of schedule so far and their 8 and 5 includes wins over the Blazers, Clippers and Lakers. I'd bet money on the Spurs to make the playoffs this year - I should have done it before the season started.

Rockets are tanking.
Blazers have injuries again.
Pels can't seem to play up to their talent level.
Grizzlies and Spurs are playing well.

Season has barely started but one team that everybody whiffed on was definitely the San Antonio Spurs.

I whiff on SA every year. When the big 3 got old I kept having them drop and they kept winning. Fundamentals wins ballgames

Houston has won 5 in a row.
If healthy, they may be a playoff team.

Definitely. I ve been thinking recently that they may become a difficult matchup for us if Wall and Oladipo figure out how to play together well. 2 good guards with size and a shooting big. Their perimeter D may be tough obstacle for us too.

More then a couple real wild cards. Houston could fall damn near anywhere. Phx is a real dark horse. Golden state is a real unknown with one of the top 5 players in the league back to full strength. And the list goes on an on.
And this continues to be accurate. Houston fell off the planet with an unexpected mid-season trade. Phoenix is balling beyond anyone's expectations. GS is doing better than expected and they will likely improve as the season progresses. Another one that might have been mentioned elsewhere is Denver falling off a cliff. Did not see that happening. And San Antonio beating expectations as well. Cray-cray season so far.

Rockets imploded and tanked.
Lakers are in triage.
Suns blew away expectations.
Spurs just always find their way into the playoffs.

I guess those are the main storylines.