What's new

2020 All-Time Draft - Round 1: silesian vs Ellis269

Who would win in a 7 game series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In my opinion Hakeem is the best center ever. He’s basically a Hybrid of all the greats. He had the power of Shaq and Wilt. The athletic abilities of Robinson. Shot making of Kareem. Not sure there was a better passing C, and not a better C defensively or in the post thanks to his excellent footwork. IMO he’s the most skilled Center of all time.

I think team and fit can matter but talent generally trumps that. Two star players being added and not improving the team points to the lack of their talent more than a bad for to me, or possibly regression.

LeBron's and Wade are great examples. They were a terrible fit but figured it out to be great together.

Fair points. But add Allen Iverson to a Jordan team, they get worse. Add Hakeem to a Jabbar team, you’d be better off adding a stretch 5. Add mark Jackson to a Stockton team. Add Nash to Stockton. Maybe they are better team but a better Incremental choice might be a role player like Battier or Cooper or Mutombo, even though Nash is individually better.

marc Gasol, jokic, sabonis, Divac, late career wilt, Russell, Noah.

Hakeem was a good passer but not GOAT.
Maybe he didn’t do it like them, but he made as much of a difference with his passing as any of them. He punished defenses with his passing, because he was such a threat, he found the open man every time, because he knew where the right pass was at all times. There’s a reason Houston always had such good shooting.

marc Gasol, jokic, sabonis, Divac, late career wilt, Russell, Noah.

Hakeem was a good passer but not GOAT.
Just because Hakeem didn’t do behind the back passes or thread needles or throw lobs, doesn’t mean he’s not as good. A good passer is the one that makes the right pass. Our very own Stockton ois a good example of this

Fair points. But add Allen Iverson to a Jordan team, they get worse. Add Hakeem to a Jabbar team, you’d be better off adding a stretch 5. Add mark Jackson to a Stockton team. Add Nash to Stockton. Maybe they are better team but a better Incremental choice might be a role player like Battier or Cooper or Mutombo, even though Nash is individually better.

I think that's a lack of Allen Iverson playing winning basketball in a team. He doesn't really fit with anyone. As far as the rest go there is an argument for that. Those are players playing the exact same position with similar skills. That could potentially be a problem but I think some of those would work just fine and be great. I would much rather have Hakeem and Kareem together then 1 by themselves and a stretch 4 that's not an elite player. Same thing if I had Stockton and was offered Nash or barrier Barrier and I have to keep them I'll take Nash still. Stagger minutes and let them play some together is a better base team. Now if it's equal talent then I agree.

Kareem is the all time leader in points and if they kept stats his first few years the blocks leader. Hes 4th most in rebounds, best career offensive win shares, 3rd best defensive win shares. 6X MVP, 6X champion. He was largely considered the goat until Jordan and it could easily be argued he still is, although I think Jordan is. But I think he still might be #2 unless LeBron wins a couple more as a significant contributor.

My memory of watching him in the post was a thing of beauty. Was he better than Kareem in the post?
I think Hakeem had more differents types of moves in his repertoire and so IMO he is the GOAT in the post...but actually yeah also Kareem was great and very efficient (Post=skyhook=2 points easy most of times)

In my opinion Hakeem is the best center ever. He’s basically a Hybrid of all the greats. He had the power of Shaq and Wilt. The athletic abilities of Robinson. Shot making of Kareem. Not sure there was a better passing C, and not a better C defensively or in the post thanks to his excellent footwork. IMO he’s the most skilled Center of all time.

The power of Shaq? Just ****ing stop.

Classic @Thee jazz fan. Probably one of the worst takes I’ve ever seen. Right up there with his "Prime MVP Derrick Rose can hang with any player" take.